Chelsea (a) post match thread

I thought City did well up to a point. But CFC just wanted to protect the result. They didn't take any risks. 1st half we played really well, but then CFC changed tactics and just protected the game. We need to replace Aguero. It's impossible to create chances with a forward who is so slow

Chelsea had a clear strategy and they implemented it professionally even in the first half. They kept compact and denied us penetration in behind and were happy to concede possession. It was an impressive display by Chelsea. We showed a lot of energy and effort in the first half but a combination of things , which has repeated itself throughout the season, made the score 2-1 at halftime. By the second half, perhaps being conscious of and weighed down by ''things repeating themselves'' and with the organization of Chelsea, the players collapsed mentally and could not replicate the effort and coordination of the first half.

Pep is setting all kinds of records this season, losing in CL round of 16, most games without a win, losing twice to the same team, 6 domestic losses, safe to say he's had a shit season

He can thank Txiki etc for handing him a terrible squad that can't play his way.

And stop passing it back to the fucking halfway line from good crossing positions with 10 seconds left.
And get a few players in the fucking box to support Aguero every now and again.
And tell him he's not allowed back across the halfway line when we're chasing a goal.
And leave a player up the field when we're defending corners so we can counter quickly.

Simply putting the ball in the net, with an open goal, in the last min, negates most of that.

2-2 decent result.

In our title seasons, those are scored.

Congratulations to Sunderland for beating us tonight ....or so it seems to some. We got beat by the best team in the league who this year decided to try. Not some master stroke from conte, this is the Chelsea team that pissed the league the season before. We are short of two fullbacks who attack and a central midfielder who actually gets in the box. All this shit about pep being clueless is fucking laughable....we are where we should be this year and if it's not better next season then start questioning the manager.

You're kidding yourself. Tonight was men against boys. A bunch of fancy Dan's from Manchester full of nice players but little heart vs a bunch of well drilled, deadly serious men, each of who knew exactly what his job was.

Losing tonight has again been self-inflicted by Pep. Starting Delph and Navas ahead of a fully fit Yaya Toure and Sterling, who were left on the bench and have been 2 of our most consistent players this season, was ridiculous. Playing Fernandinho at right-back against Hazard cost us dear and his mistakes causedboth goals tonight- he is a brilliant defensive midfielder, a £30m one at that, and needs to be playing there and only there. Bringing Kompany back tonight was the right call by why on earth play him as the left-sided centre-back where he has never played in his career, in his first game back when Stones is equally comfortable with either foot, that was just bonkers!!
Despite us losing, Pep then waited 80 minutes to make a substitution and brought on Sterling for De Bruyne, who had possibly been our best player on the night, and left Navas, by far our worst player on the night, on the field. To then add insult to injury, three minutes later he brought on Nolito, who has not scored since 10th December, for Sane, currently our most dangerous player and main goal threat, with 8 goals in his last 14 appearances from a wide position, yet still kept on Navas,who has not scored for over 3 seasons- absolutely bonkers!!!. I'm starting to think Pep is completely out of his depth in English football and we are not even going to finish in the top 4- Arsenal are now only 4 points behind with a game in hand and always finish the season strongly. Right now, Pep is a complete liability with his crazy decision-making every game. I challenge any City fan to justify some of his decisions tonight and in the rest of this season. The facts are we have taken 3 points out of the last 12 and this has been our worst season in 6 years. We are going backwards under Pep right now....

Valid points on peps substitutions. I think over the season we've seen glimpses of what this team could or should be capable of and what Pep is working towards. However his inability to be even slightly pragmatic in his philosophy may end up costing us champions league football this season. I suppose he has the luxury that he won't be sacked wherever we finish. Next season the pressure will be turned up though.

Actually think there's more positives than negatives about tonight. Away to what are hands down the best team in the league we only lost to 2 lucky goals in a game that we dominated, a game where we created numerous chances and our defence looked a million times more solid with a seemingly fully-recovered Kompany.

With both Kompany and soon Jesus back in the side I'm pretty confident about the run in.

I thought we were second best tonight, people saying we were the better team are talking shite. We never for one moment looked like we would win this game. Pep is not living up to his rep for me. We have been worse than under Pellers last year, for me, which is some achievement! Bag of shite!
Really?? We had plenty of chances. Unfortunately going 2-1 down meant Chelsea could just defend. If we'd taken just a couple of chances we'd have won it.

Na mate. This post is a joke. That and our full back situation.
If our full back situation is a joke was it ok last year? And if not how did a bloke on 15 million a year not know. Because he is arrogant and thought he could do whatever he wanted and it would work. Sadly without a Messi or the guys he had at Munich it doesn't work as easy. That's why he is a fake. Everybody knew last season where the problem are was and it still is (but is worse because of the goalkeeper joke). THAT is nothing short of mismanagement. Conte tried one formation early season and realised it didn't work so he changed it. He saw first half that things should change so he changed tactics. We have one bloody tactic - that is total amateur

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.