Arijanet Muric | Joins Burnley on a permanent deal

maybe gunn hasn't been sent on loan because pep wanted him coaching in the passing mould to see if he has the quality that pep is looking for,because sending him out to lower league clubs is completely opposite from the style pep wants.

maybe gunn hasn't been sent on loan because pep wanted him coaching in the passing mould to see if he has the quality that pep is looking for,because sending him out to lower league clubs is completely opposite from the style pep wants.

For years I have watched Gunn play at City and have seen him pass the ball around like a natural. Apparently he started his football life as a midfield player so the touch and passing ability is fairly natural to him.

Pep wanted him to stay as he could easily have found a loan somewhere. He is easily good enough to be our number two ( should have been this year imo) but I would be surprised if that's enough for his ambitions as realistically there would be little scope for him to be number 1 here if the Benfica lad comes in. If he doesn't want to be England's number one I would be disappointed in him as he has all the qualities to get there.

Do you honestly believe that we've struggled to find a loan club for an England u21 keeper? Course we haven't. He's not been on loan cos the club have wanted him to stay around. Whether that's right or not, I don't know...but it's true.

Why do you think he hasn't, mate? I know you watch the kids more than most if not all on here.

I just find it very strange as to why the club have kept him around.

surely Gunn deserves a first team chance over muric. england u21 keeper and very talented with his feet. if he doesnt become second choice and get cup games, i think hes going to leave. as others have said, i find it really strange gunn hasn't gone out on loan. hes 22 ? and barely played any first team non youth football.

Why do you think he hasn't, mate? I know you watch the kids more than most if not all on here.

For the reason I said in that post. Guess the plan is that he learns from Pep for a year given how specific Pep's style is and then gets loaned out. There is not a single reason why we'd struggle to get him a loan. He'd get one in a heartbeat given his rep and ability.

I don't know if I agree with the idea but it is what it is.

http://talksport.com/football/manch...ig-impression-pep-guardiola-during-pre-season

Speaking to the Jim White show, former Norwich stopper (Bryan Gunn) revealed: “We actually had a few Championship clubs looking to possibly loan Angus out for this season, but there was a call from the club saying Pep was coming in and he wanted to see Angus in his pre-season plans.

“Fortunately Angus played half a game against Bayern Munich, and then half a game against Borussia Dortmund, and that went to a penalty shootout and Angus saved three penalties within that.

“I think he made a big impression on Pep over pre-season and that’s obviously helped him to cement a place in the squad as the goalkeepers who will be working for a first-team spot this season.”

I'm pretty sure he'll be the number 2 goalie next season playing the domestic cup games and then we'll see where he goes from there. Pep's shown this season with Bravo and Willy that he'll do what's necessary.

surely Gunn deserves a first team chance over muric. england u21 keeper and very talented with his feet. if he doesnt become second choice and get cup games, i think hes going to leave. as others have said, i find it really strange gunn hasn't gone out on loan. hes 22 ? and barely played any first team non youth football.
I assume he is not on loan because he is number 3. We have been lucky or unlucky depending on your point of view that we have had no GK injuries this season. But you do need a number 3 just in case there is an emergency. Next year Gunn will either be number 2 or move out on loan I would think. I then think Muric may get that number 3 spot in the squad. I have seen him up close in two or three games and he has really impressed me. Good at the basics can command a defence and stop shots. I think he will forge ahead of Gunn in the next 2 or 3 years and may just be a first choice in about 3/4 years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.