Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

Excellent performance overall, totally dominant and stayed patient, not leaving ourselves too exposed to the counter attack. So pleased for Vincent, I really hope Pep gives him every chance to stay fit and establish himself back in the team again because we look a different proposition with him in the team.

Brilliant defending all game and about 10 minutes of world class attacking play, which was enough.

And despite what some people (always) say, good refereeing today.

I thought the tackle on Aguero was worse than it looked....it looked deliberate and malicious to me

Bravo would be getting loads of shit if he'd let in a header like Komps goal I thought Forster's attempt to save was dreadful.

I give Kompany my MOTM coz he's goal won us the game. Otherwise it was a pretty pedestrian performance that opened up after we scored and Southampton tried to attack.

Defensively, we look pretty much the same way we've looked for 2 to 3 months now. We gave up very few chances. Komps played his part but wasn't uniquely special. Gave away a few fouls unnecessarily, rabid dog chased some plays and got lost in the procession, and was also key in standing athletically tall in other areas.

Clichy and Navas were good and Otamendi had one of his stellar games. But that too is normal.

Offensively we were pathetic for the most part. Aguero's control, passing, and decision making were sad for the most part.

Silva, Dihno and Yaya played a lot of Old man football. They all wanted younger legs running around them while they orchestrate from a standing position. All three played stagnant and were the cause of the 1000 passes to nowhere. Silva's final ball was particularly poor today.

Sane might have been the only attacking player moving out there.

Happy with the points, but the performance was underwhelming.

Oh, I still don't think that was a Penalty. I reckon it could have been given though.

It really was that good.

What some have to accept is that whilst frustrating, a first 45 mins like today is part of the reason why we have a 2nd 45 like today's.

Saints are a very good team and we bossed them completely.

Chasing our shadows for 90 mins.

I understand your point. However, southampton had nothing to do with bad choices in city's passing/bad misses/wasteful play in the final third.

Again, if Kompany doesn't get that header the end would almost certainly be different. Its great that he did get it and all is rosey now, but that lack of ability to break down a defensive unit is still a concern surely? No matter how optimistic/pessemistic you are?

Peps found Navas's best position. He has the speed the aggression & the experience for this role & he's not expected to score!!!
I have never doubted his ability to play this role. Whether it's wing back or full back, Navas will do well

I give Kompany my MOTM coz he's goal won us the game. Otherwise it was a pretty pedestrian performance that opened up after we scored and Southampton tried to attack.

Defensively, we look pretty much the same way we've looked for 2 to 3 months now. We gave up very few chances. Komps played his part but wasn't uniquely special. Gave away a few fouls unnecessarily, rabid dog chased some plays and got lost in the procession, and was also key in standing athletically tall in other areas.

Clichy and Navas were good and Otamendi had one of his stellar games. But that too is normal.

Offensively we were pathetic for the most part. Aguero's control, passing, and decision making were sad for the most part.

Silva, Dihno and Yaya played a lot of Old man football. They all wanted younger legs running around them while they orchestrate from a standing position. All three played stagnant and were the cause of the 1000 passes to nowhere. Silva's final ball was particularly poor today.

Sane might have been the only attacking player moving out there.

Happy with the points, but the performance was underwhelming.

Oh, I still don't think that was a Penalty. I reckon it could have been given though.

Bang on Dax i wouldn't put it much differently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.