Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

Fullbacks fullbacks fullbacks, two lads in the wide areas really willing to stay outside and attack the byline, releasing the wingers into the box, will make such a difference. Fuck all we can really do until the window opens though...
Don't start that conversation again, lmao.

;-)

Anyone remember Southampton away last season under Pellers? Absolutely embarrassing. Today we ripped them apart and played them off there own pitch. Pep will make us great I have no doubts at all, give him time
In mitigation the saints game last year came between two huge European games.

Fullbacks fullbacks fullbacks, two lads in the wide areas really willing to stay outside and attack the byline, releasing the wingers into the box, will make such a difference. Fuck all we can really do until the window opens though...
Couldn't agree more, though I think this is why pep keeps playing navas at RB though, offers a much better attacking outlet than Zaba or Sagna

Blimey mate, Silva's allowed way more than three passes not reaching the target. Didn't you see all his other inch perfect passes to Sane and Navas ?
My apologies. I meant his final ball/decisions in the final third were. Its not a knock on Silva, he is allowed to have a bad day. And when he does, I'm allowed to say he has.

I counted 5 different occasions when his pass or decision killed an offensive play attack. Is have called out Delph for similar, so I don't see why I shouldn't do the same here.

Have you ever thought that the space opening up in that last 20 minutes or so is a direct result of the us controlling the ball and having the other team running themselves into the ground. Of course it would be brilliant to be a coup,e of gaols up after 20 minutes every game but it is just not feasible. You're watching a different team and a different game to me. Enjoy and be excited about the future.
this is correct. they chase our shadows for 70 mins and are knackered. we then go in for the kill. vital though that we are clinical, otherwise 70 mins of graft have gone to waste.

no but getting there before the player does and touching the ball....it was a great save nothing more. Even Sane said it wasn't a penalty.....
It was a clear penalty
Any referee would agree
He fouled Sane on the 'second phase'
Yes he touched the ball but cleaned Sane out, PENALTY

Couldn't agree more, though I think this is why pep keeps playing navas at RB though, offers a much better attacking outlet than Zaba or Sagna
Yeah I think that's pretty clear, it's just a shame that we didn't see it a lot earlier in the season, I've been crying out for it for a couple of years.

I'm left thinking the faith we put in managers is over done.

It all comes down to having players like Kompany on the pitch. Managers can mess it up though

Southampton tried to pinch our pocket, as so many have done this season, but failed with Vinny back. He gives the team confidence. bravo didn't have much to do, but was what he did he did well, apart from one kick. Pundits love to criticise the way City play the ball out from the back, but it helps us keep the ball and control games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.