Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree.

He also had one run inside their box where his footwork was just wonderful.

Easily missed as he has disrespected the club bla bla bla (:

This is exactly why if he is open to a Pay as you play deal, we keep him on for 12 months.. still the only guy in the team who can dictate from deep when given space.

Obviously not all teams afford him that but there remains a great deal of mediocrity in some prem midfields, yaya at 30% is better than most, we could utilise this for games just like yesterday!!!

This is exactly why if he is open to a Pay as you play deal, we keep him on for 12 months.. still the only guy in the team who can dictate from deep when given space.

Obviously not all teams afford him that but there remains a great deal of mediocrity in some prem midfields, yaya at 30% is better than most, we could utilise this for games just like yesterday!!!
absolutely this.

You know that I am going to agree.

His ability, experience and big game cojones mean that he still has his uses.

We've missed the chance to get a decent resale value on Yaya so we might as well try and run him into the ground.

One thing I do find odd is that he hasn't been lined up for a move to NYCFC.

I expect Yaya wants guaranteed starting 11 action next season and we won't be offering him that so he will leave

I thought he was almost perfect yesterday. Wreaked havoc on occassion (early yellow card, late dribble past two), moved the midfielders about all afternoon, and covered Ota nicely.

I don't agree. He varies how quickly he releases the ball depending on the situation.
When I realised that he was slated with the first post on this thread after the game, I chuckled involuntarily
I thought he was almost perfect yesterday. Wreaked havoc on occassion (early yellow card, late dribble past two), moved the midfielders about all afternoon, and covered Ota nicely.
you've got that bang on the money mate

If Yaya was to stay and feels comfortable being a squadplayer, great. If he is to leave I think we can cope without him. So it's not as big an issue as it has been in the past. With Gundogan out it certainly helped Yaya to play more games than even he himself would have expected.
What I do know is the day Yaya leaves I will state he has been one of the best midfieldplayers ever to play in a blue top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.