David Silva not recognised by PFA members - again

he is without doubt a god amongst men.wonderful player. the metronome to our team and a worry for when he leaves us. Having said that, I thought he had his worst game for ages yesterday, clearly grans paella was still digesting.
One assist for Vinnie and sublime pass to KDB for Sane's goal.

Last edited:
But not a single player of the year award. Look at the team of the year nominations compared to other top teams over the last 6 years. Aguero....

It is just who the players vote for, I don't think there is a year when a city players hands down deserved to win. When van Persie beat Serg he had scored 37 to Serg's 30, and when Suarez beat Yaya he had an outstanding season.

City have under achieved this year, unlikely to get many votes.

2 PL, 2 LC, 1 FAC, and a Community Shield winners medals playing for us and a glittering international career with 111 appearances, 30 goals, 2 European Cup and 1 World Cup winners medals, David Silva has been consistently one of the best midfield players in the PL over a number of seasons. He gets kicked, clattered and impeded more than most, yet his stat's stand are outstanding. If he played for the Rag's he would have won POTY at least 4 or 5 times.

He just quietly gets on with it, and fair play to him for that.

7th in the all time appearance rankings for Spain.

Win percentage in the PL = 63%
compare that to Beckham at 61%, or worse still Shrek at 59%.

David Silva is an outstanding talent, who would easily improve any Team in the World. Should have been recognised; sadly never will be as long as he wears the Sky Blue of our beloved Team.

David Silva is an outstanding talent, who would easily improve any Team in the World. Should have been recognised; sadly never will be as long as he wears the Sky Blue of our beloved Team.
That's why he needs to win our Player of the Year. He needs to be recognized as the best from City fans (other than in debate as City GOAT). If we don't, why would neutrals?

I agree it's between him and Sterling this season. And, no joke, Silva should get it. He's been magnificent and we only have a couple more years of him to enjoy. Sterling is just starting his City career, he'll have plenty of opportunities.

There cant be many players who have achieved a Passing accuracy of 92% ,playing away from home,ever,in the Premier League.
Silva,s quiet,classy,accomplished performance against Southampton the other day went pretty much under the radar...
But all true football lovers on the planet enjoyed watching his high class ,central midfield,possession based game..
David Silva is simply a consummate professional footballer.
Who cares about the silly pfa.?

Fuck the backslapping pfa, an assorted group of rag cohorts. We enjoy watching Silva, week in, week out producing the best football performances other teams are envious of, so fuck 'em, it's a meaningless accolade.

I couldn't give a shit what the FA think! We know he's the best we've ever had and he knows how we feel about him so that's good enough for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.