The battle for 3rd place

Hypothetical situation for anyone who understands the UEFA Qualification methods.

Real Madrid/Juventus win their league and the Champions League.

Besiktas win their league and the Europa League.

The qualification is set out so that 21 clubs will be straight into the group stage at the end of this season based on their league position in various leagues across Europe. Another 10 will be added (5 through the champions route and 5 through the league route) through the play offs. The final spot is reserved for the winner of the Champions League or Europa League, but in this scenario all the above teams have qualified through their league position anyway.

Who gets the other spot in the group stage?
The highest ranked league that don't already have an automatic spot get one.

Since 81 could never stomach Spurs and hated them nearly as much as the rags.

But last couple of years it's Arsenal who have pissed me off more with their divine right to being top 4 cup winners shite.

As it goes prefer other clubs to Spurs but they do play decent football and can see them beating Chelsea on Saturday but finishing second in the league.

Chelsea
Spurs
City
Liverpool

will be final positions imo

I have no time for Spurs im afraid, anyone who professes to like them as a club was likely not supporting City in '81.
Some of their fans recently have been utter bell-ends as well as their yearly bend over and lube up for United.
Can't see them holding on to Kane and Alli either, as soon as a huge bid comes in that little bald twat will be rubbing his hands and banking the cash (to pay for the stadium obviously) Hoping Poccetino fucks off soon as well.
Would fucking love to do them in the FA Cup final! Revenge best served cold 36 years later!

The highest ranked league that don't already have an automatic spot get one.

Cheers. That would be Greece in theory right?

So (probably) Olympiacos would go straight to the group stage? And presumably their place would trickle down so that a team in the 1st round of qualification gets a bye to the 2nd round?

I have no time for Spurs im afraid, anyone who professes to like them as a club was likely not supporting City in '81.
Some of their fans recently have been utter bell-ends as well as their yearly bend over and lube up for United.
Can't see them holding on to Kane and Alli either, as soon as a huge bid comes in that little bald twat will be rubbing his hands and banking the cash (to pay for the stadium obviously) Hoping Poccetino fucks off soon as well.
Would fucking love to do them in the FA Cup final! Revenge best served cold 36 years later!
They have been a selling club for years, I used to piss off spuds fans by saying they were a feeder club. You are right about Poch he will go to one of the Spanish clubs when they beacon there finger to him.

Cheers. That would be Greece in theory right?

So (probably) Olympiacos would go straight to the group stage? And presumably their place would trickle down so that a team in the 1st round of qualification gets a bye to the 2nd round?
Yeah I think so, it's more a case of Greece losing their spot if the CL/EL winners don't qualify domestically than gaining one if they don't.

Some blues posting nice things about spuds, should consider the bile posted about City on their forum, Abhu Dhabi fc, pictures of the 8-1 defeat at boro, the point being where we were before the takeover.
No I will never post anything positive about spuds A massive club are mighty spuds not won league since 1961. I hope Arsoles give it to them and fat sams Crystal cloggers give them shit, would pmsl

Spot on I hate Spurs whose fans are almost equal to rags in arrogance and delusion stakes!

Thank you. Doing a number on those turds in the Final is my dream scenario. 81 still hurts to this day. Revenge would be so sweet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.