General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the BBC do empty chair her, it'll be interesting to see whether they invite an audience sampled from the whole population's political leanings or just those of the parties taking part in the debate.

I don't think any Conservative supporters were invited to the last BBC 'leader of opposition' debate resulting in Farage having to argue his points to an audience of Labour, SNP, Plaid and Green voters.

If the BBC do empty chair her, it'll be interesting to see whether they invite an audience sampled from the whole population's political leanings or just those of the parties taking part in the debate.

I don't think any Conservative supporters were invited to the last BBC 'leader of opposition' debate resulting in Farage having to argue his points to an audience of Labour, SNP, Plaid and Green voters.
Nobody frankly gives a shit about May not doing a TV debate, the only people crying about it are the TV companies because they are losing out on an advertising opportunity, parasitical c****

except she called the snap GE herself and made it quite clear its about Brexit in her view - ergo she opens herself up to questions on Brexit she'd rather not answer. A fucking masterstroke. The last Tory PM to call an unnecessary national vote that he assumed he would win and May could have made the same arrogant mistake
She doesn't have to answer. The choice is Tories/UKIP and whatever Brexit they go for or whatever Labour decide.

You can vote for her or choose not to.

So why call an election she knows will subject her to brexit questioning, especially when she says she called it to seek a brexit mandate, if she doesn't want to talk about brexit. Makes no sense.
Because if she is returned to power. She had a mandate from the people to do as she sees fit. It makes lots of sense.

If you don't like it, see my post immediately above.

I actually felt sorry for Jack Dromey on the Daily Politics. He was skewered by Neil who kept asking him to define who were the wealth extractors referred to by Corbyn and how could they be expected to suffer under Labour. "Wait for the manifesto" became his stock answer, as if the manifesto will contain a comprehensive list of Labour's target companies.

If Corbyn keeps speaking in student slogans and leaves it to the foot soldiers to take the flak, he might find it difficult to find MPs who are prepared to put themselves forward to rationalise his "policies".
They are deserting him quicker than the Italian army in North Africa

You're not that simple PB.

His twitter handle can be what he wants. I'd wager he chose that as @nickrobinson was already taken.

He has a thing about BBC employees twitter accounts left over from the Simon Stone mentioning a united sponsorship in a tweet.

Next he'll be complaining that George Alagiah or Huw Edwards has tweeted something that isn't news.

May was a remainer, so using your logic she cannot be trusted.

and yes Corbyn is addressing hospitals, schools and social care, widely reported in the press.

May was the one I was talking about as being untrustworthy (though I think it's been lost in that quotation as i was responding to an earlier question). And yes I know Corbyn is talking about hospitals etc I was more referring to the press and the voting public. Everyone's become so obsessed with Brexit that everything else is being left to go to shit. That said, I think it was absurd for Labour not even mention the B work once in their 10 election pledges yesterday when that's entirely what the election is about. I'm coming at this from a pro-Labour perspective (though I do find Corbyn massively frustrating and want him replaced as soon as all of this is over).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.