Rate this season

He spent £175 million in the summer. He chose not to buy new full backs, he chose to buy an injury prone midfielder. Not like we just gave him last seasons squad and said that's all you're getting.
fair point that.

7-8/10. There have been some excellent football played and I have enjoyed watching us for the most part. There will be quite a few comings and goings in the Summer no doubt and if we get those right, I think we'll be in for an exciting season.

It's hard to judge this season until we see what happens next season. A top manager shouldn't really have the excuse of substandard players. He should be playing a system that suits the players he's got. You can hardly say we've got more substandard players than the teams above us in the table, especially Liverpool. Now if he thought he'll persevere with players that don't suit the system so that core of the squad know it next season, and it'll be easy to bring in the players that will allow it to work, then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and judge it next season. But I thought the whole point of our setup was that everything had effectively been bought to play the "Pep way" before he even got here. We were told that Pellegrini was chosen specifically because of the style of football her plays.

Having said all that, the idea of sacking him is idiotic. It's nice when a manager comes in and gets instant results, but you shouldn't expect it.

Bar the first ten games very very average , bunch of soft arses, like a hearse this coach on the way home , another dead rubber season with no guarantee it's going to get any better , spend spend spend hoping some shit might stick to the wall.

Garbage.

I suppose if you get to the end of April before it becomes apparent we are winning fuck all its not too bad. I'm sure many on here can remember seasons being over before Halloween. Onwards and upwards, hopefully stuff the twats on Thursday and finish third.

So far we have played the top 7 13 times including cups and only have 2 wins. 4 draws and 7 defeats.
Even if we win on Thursday to give us another win that's 3 wins from 14.
And I don't have any confidence in that.

That's a shocking return from our season - any other manager would face the sack - if Pellegrini was still here what would be said??? I know it wouldn't be "we are in transition"

Even united who are having what people consider a poor season will probably end up with 2 cups.

For us the bare minimum is top 4 with our squad and the investment made.

For that reason I say 2 / 10

Anyone scoring any higher has low expectations and hasn't moved on from our lowly days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.