Txiki Begiristain

But the worry is how many we have made in such a short space of time surely?

Here is where it gets heated because non of us will agree on who has been shit or not. What doesnt help clubs and its all clubs is quotas, especially the English one because virtually everyone ends up buying squad fillers for stupid money just to comply with the rules and Delph is a prime example although i dont think he is as poor as many make out and when we are winning a game comfortably he is a useful sub off the bench for the last 15 mins.

Here is where it gets heated because non of us will agree on who has been shit or not. What doesnt help clubs and its all clubs is quotas, especially the English one because virtually everyone ends up buying squad fillers for stupid money just to comply with the rules and Delph is a prime example although i dont think he is as poor as many make out and when we are winning a game comfortably he is a useful sub off the bench for the last 15 mins.
I agree, I think potentially Pellegrini took his eye of the ball in his last season knowing it would be his last and not looking at long term signings, the full backs definitely needed addressing a few seasons ago though

Delph and Fernando coming on in a semi final just about sums it up for me.
We have a very balanced and fairly obvious preferred system. If just one player is off form or unfit we look rank average.

Said at the start of the season we had an alarming lack of pace and energy in the side. We were overly reliant on certain players and the squad lacked natural balance.
Jesus & Sané are a start but we have been found wanting in several big games and struggle if we don't take the game away from the opposition. We have also taken a few hidings due to our glaring weaknesses.

Pellegrini carried the brunt last year, it was considered all his fault.
A top manager wouldn't keep making the same mistakes. We wouldn't be leaving big gaps right through the middle. We wouldn't be seeing players shoehorned in. We wouldn't be seeing Toure & Fernandinho over ran in midfield.
Well we are.

Pep is clear in his admiration and fondness for midfielders. I bet he felt like walking out when he looked at our bench yesterday.

Pep carries a fair bit of the blame. Pep signed £150 million of talent to add to Silva, Aguero, De Bruyne & Fernndinho all considered amongst the very best in their position and we are still way short and most fans I know consider us a keeper, 4 full back options, a consistent centre back and two centre mids light of really challenging at the very top. For me blame falls between the two of them.

Pellegrini was blamed last year and many a poster would be quick to say how a real manager would be doing far better. Well, we're not. I didn't blame Pellegrini and I don't blame Pep. I don't think our squad is good enough, energetic or pacey enough and I think we lack balance, especially if we suffer just one injury.

I maybe wrong now and I may have been wrong in the summer but two managers and near identical failings are beginning to present a pattern.
We have one huge summer coming up.

The only thing id say with that is Dybala would no way have been available in the January window.

I wasn't upset when we signed Bony because he has been brilliant for Swansea and he looked a very technical player in and around the box and i thought he would bag plenty for us but history obviously tells us that opinion was bollox.

A really poor buy but all clubs make mistakes.

At Palermo Dybala would have been available any day of the year as long as we paid Zamparini the money he wanted.

He just wants to get the money from his wonder kids ASAP and move onto the next.

Conspiracy theory....

Txixi & Soriano are ex Barca....a plant to maintain the status quo? (wittering away transfer funds on....sub standard players?)

Certainly they are not getting the results on the pitch that I imagine are expected.

I don't think many managers would have taken the job knowing that they might have been out on their ear quick. Guardiola was on a sabbatical I think and had not decided. We were courting Pellegrini for some time before it broke before the Cup Final. I reckon he twisted Cheeky's arm a bit over transfers or he wouldn't take the job. He was a caretaker and potentially a short-lived one.

Txixi & Soriano are ex Barca....a plant to maintain the status quo? (wittering away transfer funds on....sub standard players?)

Conspiracy theory - you're a United fan who has posted this in order to make City fans look mentally deficient.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.