Glass Tunnel now taking shape

And a rumoured season card increase of 5% just for good measure !! all the money in the game these days and the lifeblood of football they bleed dry

said several times recently that it's time to rally round and create a new fan group outside of the supporters club and pressure the club into creating a club/fan "charter" which outlines their responsibilities to supporters and the CoC they would have to abide by.

They are dismantling the supporter base by picking off individuals/groups and gradually pricing out the rest, then they will replace them with new fans who will approve of navy sleeves, tweet their goal celebrations from their seat and buy the premium wear catalogue.

There's so many graduate type "executives" at the club these days too, with no affinity to the club and that has also splintered the inner structure of the club, allowing the top few to do as they please but buffer themselves from it letting random people you've never heard of take the fall.

City supporters can either act now, or lose their club for good a la the actual United fans circa 20 years ago.

said several times recently that it's time to rally round and create a new fan group outside of the supporters club and pressure the club into creating a club/fan "charter" which outlines their responsibilities to supporters and the CoC they would have to abide by.

They are dismantling the supporter base by picking off individuals/groups and gradually pricing out the rest, then they will replace them with new fans who will approve of navy sleeves, tweet their goal celebrations from their seat and buy the premium wear catalogue.

There's so many graduate type "executives" at the club these days too, with no affinity to the club and that has also splintered the inner structure of the club, allowing the top few to do as they please but buffer themselves from it letting random people you've never heard of take the fall.

City supporters can either act now, or lose their club for good a la the actual United fans circa 20 years ago.
Spot on mate, it's about time the club should started talking to the fans again, instead of telling us how we should be watching , asking us what would make it better watching. And yes I think the Supporters club should start being more vocal with the club over the direction it's going .

Spot on mate, it's about time the club should started talking to the fans again, instead of telling us how we should be watching , asking us what would make it better watching. And yes I think the Supporters club should start being more vocal with the club over the direction it's going .

do they do anything ? heard nothing from them about things like the glass tunnel/ fans being priced out. they dont represent the fans very well in my opinion. they should be standing up for us.

do they do anything ? heard nothing from them about things like the glass tunnel/ fans being priced out. they dont represent the fans very well in my opinion. they should be standing up for us.
I agree mate, they should be a voice for the fans . Voicing concerns over stuff like the kit and the direction the club is going. Because it seems like corporate and tourists is all that matters with people running the club now.

exactly why we need a new group. Whilst OSCs get the preferable ticketing conditions and bypass the points system to suit themselves, they're never going to challenge the club too hard. Jobs for the boys so to speak.

exactly why we need a new group. Whilst OSCs get the preferable ticketing conditions and bypass the points system to suit themselves, they're never going to challenge the club too hard. Jobs for the boys so to speak.
That was my impression from when I ran a OSC... Anything that may offend the club would be sidestepped, worded in a different way to avoid conflict.
This is understandable but I just didn't feel represented.
The OSC do a superb job and have communication with the football business that is MCFC, but sadly they are limited as end of the day we are customers and don't have part ownership of this business.

The OSC will never do that. Their policy is not to get involved in anything that could result in friction with the club. That's why the CSA broke away at the time of the 'Swales Out' protests as the OSC wouldn't take sides.

I do know Kevin Parker will take up individual cases on behalf of branch members but there is no group that represents all fans, members or not, and that would stand up to the club.

The OSC will never do that. Their policy is not to get involved in anything that could result in friction with the club. That's why the CSA broke away at the time of the 'Swales Out' protests as the OSC wouldn't take sides.

I do know Kevin Parker will take up individual cases on behalf of branch members but there is no group that represents all fans, members or not, and that would stand up to the club.

thats pretty ridiculous then. i just thought the official supporters club would represent city supporters, it shouldnt matter if friction is created, they should stand up against the club on issues like ticket price rises. we need to create something, a new group that actually stands up for fans and puts pressure on the club. the spirit of shankly group at liverpool is a good example of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.