Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if sessegnon was at City he would not be playing. Fulham are a club similar to Southampton who give their younger players a start as soon as they can. If Iheanacho ends up at Dortmund he will be playing regularly alongside Dembele. That is why Sancho will end up at some other club.

Sancho is still too young to be regularly involved in the first team, also consider he hasn't played a full season of EDS yet.

Probably his trajectory should be something like this:

1) Next season he is 17 (and a half), should play full EDS and given the odd first team game against easier opposition (maybe like 2-3 like Woodburn gets)

2) Season after he will be 18 (and a half), should be integrated into team as a squad player, no more EDS, getting atleast 10 games in some capacity

3) Season after he will be 19 (and a half), has to battle for starting spot over other wingers, will be a squad player and should get atleast 15 games, has to push to be better or as good as Sane, Sterling, Roberts etc.

I think 2) is more likely to be on loan at Celtic, or somewhere similar.

I think 2) is more likely to be on loan at Celtic, or somewhere similar.

I like our relationship with Celtic and hope we do continue it.

Scottish football isn't the best technically but it offers the physicality needed and big game experiences (Old Firm) that can turn a young player from an academy player into a professional mans game footballer so to speak.

The benefit of playing for Celtic is that for the most part you are in a team that will see most of the ball, you also get the possibility of big game Champions League matches.

I like our relationship with Celtic and hope we do continue it.

Scottish football isn't the best technically but it offers the physicality needed and big game experiences (Old Firm) that can turn a young player from an academy player into a professional mans game footballer so to speak.

The benefit of playing for Celtic is that for the most part you are in a team that will see most of the ball, you also get the possibility of big game Champions League matches.

i think the question is whether Celtic would be willing to take him. Patrick Roberts already had Championship experience and was a couple of years older when he joined them.

They've also improved a fair bit since Rodgers joined and I'm not sure if they'd be willing to squeeze Sancho in at this point. I may be wrong but I'd expect them to have higher aspirations than a 17 year old winger joining them on loan.

Sancho is clearly a very talented player, but he may have to drop a level below Celtic if he's to get regular first team action.

Fully agree with everything you've said about a loan to them though. It's a great environment for young players to improve and hopefully the relationship does continue.

i think the question is whether Celtic would be willing to take him. Patrick Roberts already had Championship experience and was a couple of years older when he joined them.

They've also improved a fair bit since Rodgers joined and I'm not sure if they'd be willing to squeeze Sancho in at this point. I may be wrong but I'd expect them to have higher aspirations than a 17 year old winger joining them on loan.

Sancho is clearly a very talented player, but he may have to drop a level below Celtic if he's to get regular first team action.

Fully agree with everything you've said about a loan to them though. It's a great environment for young players to improve and hopefully the relationship does continue.
If he did go to Celtic next season (I'm hoping not) then he'll be fighting for his place with Scott Sinclair. He's actually been very good for them so Sancho's games would be very limited.

No way Sancho will go on loan next season IMO. Far too young and he doesn't need it yet either. If he is to go on loan it'll surely be the season after next.

He's developing perfectly by the sounds of it and if Pep doesn't know what's best to take him to the next level then god help us.

No way Sancho will go on loan next season IMO. Far too young and he doesn't need it yet either. If he is to go on loan it'll surely be the season after next.

I agree with that, but once a player hits 18 I think he should be looking at trying himself out against blokes.

Sancho is quite developed physically for his age so with a bit more consistency next season then I can most certainly see him going on loan in the 18/19 season.

I agree with that, but once a player hits 18 I think he should be looking at trying himself out against blokes.

Sancho is quite developed physically for his age so with a bit more consistency next season then I can most certainly see him going on loan in the 18/19 season.
Okay, but where do you want him next season?

Let's say he does a full year EDS (which is most likely) and shows absolute class and dominates, you think the season after we should loan him out? Wouldn't you rather he be promoted to the first team as a squad player and integrated? I don't understand the love of the loan system on this forum, this isn't FIFA where players just magically improve on loan because they are young.

There is an adjustment period, new people, new coach, maybe they don't gel with the players and the system, too much can go wrong, you don't risk that with our best youth players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.