Lee Carsley Has Resigned As U18 Coach.

Hopefully someone with enough experience and seniority to be able to transition players from youth football to first team squad

Hopefully someone with enough experience and seniority to be able to transition players from youth football to first team squad
That would more likely be the EDS coach (Davies at the moment) or possibly Marwood who's in charge of the CFA? Not the U18's coach.

Good luck to him, looked like he wanted our lads to play football and was never satisfied even though we had really good results. I'd give Arteta a go, if he's done his badges, as this will be a good opportunity to put into action what he has learned form Pep this season.

That would more likely be the EDS coach (Davies at the moment) or possibly Marwood who's in charge of the CFA? Not the U18's coach.
Fair comment Colin, but somewhere within our infrastructure I think we need to get a lot better at the process of migration if young players into the first team squad, as we are no more holistic than we were 4 years ago when it was said to be the main reason for Mancini's sacking

Fair comment Colin, but somewhere within our infrastructure I think we need to get a lot better at the process of migration if young players into the first team squad, as we are no more holistic than we were 4 years ago when it was said to be the main reason for Mancini's sacking

Of course we are, by simple virtue of the fact that all our teams are playing one way now we are more holistic.

Don't think academy football alone is capable of getting players ready to play in the premier league. They need two years playing competitive football out on loan to see if they are ready. So far not that many of our academy boys out on loan are being talked about as the next big thing. Perhaps Patrick Roberts & Enes Unal are the ones that can make it.

Good luck to him, looked like he wanted our lads to play football and was never satisfied even though we had really good results. I'd give Arteta a go, if he's done his badges, as this will be a good opportunity to put into action what he has learned form Pep this season.

Pep: "Hey Arteta. Don't you want to give up coaching the Manchester City first team with me, these top class players and the champions league nights so that you train some kids instead?"

Arteta: "No".

This!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.