Last Film You Saw

The Founder, one of the best Hollywood films I've seen about American business in quite sometime. Michael Keaton continues his post-Birdman purple patch as Ray Kroc, the driven unhinged man who franchised McDonald's into the global collasus it is today. The monologue he proselytizes about at the end will have you pondering every beef or chicken snack you've ever eaten in there.

The Founder, one of the best Hollywood films I've seen about American business in quite sometime. Michael Keaton continues his post-Birdman purple patch as Ray Kroc, the driven unhinged man who franchised McDonald's into the global collasus it is today. The monologue he proselytizes about at the end will have you pondering every beef or chicken snack you've ever eaten in there.

Are you doubting the honesty of Maccy's adverts...??

Are you doubting the honesty of Maccy's adverts...??

When I was young kid, one of my dad's favorite saying was "That's a Crock...." or "That's A Crock of Shit." I though he meant, "That's A Kroc." You get other expressions here, "I Need Your John Hancock on this" or "I've got more (of those) than Carter's got liver pills." So it's not THAT big a stretch to think that is the meaning.

Last edited:
Woman in Gold.

Last night, really excellent film. Informative, engaging, moving and entertaining.

Prometheus. Not the first time I've watched it and still don't have a scooby doo what's it's about. Maybe in years to come it'll be referred to as a "cult" film?

Much though I really wanted to love it (me being a fan of Ridley Scott and the original Alien film), Prometheus is pretty dreadful, isn't it.

The Shallows (again) 7/10. I love a good shark movie and this is definitely one of the better ones, although it shouldn't be put up against Jaws.

Much though I really wanted to love it (me being a fan of Ridley Scott and the original Alien film), Prometheus is pretty dreadful, isn't it.

Yes mate, regrettably it is more than just a wee bit keek. I'm certain that there's a story in it somewhere but damned if I can find it. Maybe our expectations were too high?

Also love Alien - in fact I didn't sleep for about a week after watching it for the first time all those years ago!

Logan. 9/10 How you would imagine wolverine would really be like in real life.

Huge spoler below.

Got goosebumps at the end when he dies and his daughter puts the cross on his grave but turns it slightly to an X.

Woman in Gold.

Last night, really excellent film. Informative, engaging, moving and entertaining.

Wasn't aware of this film. Had a look and it certainly looks interesting. Going to try to track it down. Thanks for the heads up.

The Shallows (again) 7/10. I love a good shark movie and this is definitely one of the better ones, although it shouldn't be put up against Jaws.
Try "In The Deep"(47 Meters Down) which came out the same year, not as high budget but I thought it was the better of the two, better atmosphere to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.