Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clarifying Fabinho's and Mendy's natural positions.

If we were to offer over £35m to Arsenal for Bellerin, I believe they would be tempted to sell. Despite being 5 years Walker's junior, Bellerin is already of a similar quality to him in my view. They both are explosive going forward but suspect defensively.

Sorry can't agree with you there. Bellerin is terribly overrated and think most people are beginning to see it.

Sorry can't agree with you there. Bellerin is terribly overrated and think most people are beginning to see it.

I agree. Popular opinion is that he is quality, after watching him a few times I realized how overrated he really is. Didn't really stand out much, nothing too special other than his pace. Walker is the much better buy. A massive, massive improvement for our squad.

I still don't like Walker's personality

How come?

I wasn't too eager for him at first for footballing reasons but I've seen so many people say this. I'm aware that he's apparently said something shitty about us (can't find specifically what, though) and I'm wondering if that's the underlying issue or if there's anything more to it.

I must confess that I haven't been paying particularly close attention to other teams this season, so my opinion was predominately based on his glowing reputation from last season.

I know I will be denounced for caring about how much we pay for players, but I will be immensely disappointed if we are paying Spurs over £35m for Walker. He's simply not that good.

He's a character on the pitch, and that's what we need. Too many spineless players who go missing. This lad stands up and is counted for.

Walker is done

catchphrase-roy-walker.jpg

People doubting Walker's ability need only look at the rags game last night. Trippier, who many here would have back, was struggling to keep tabs on a mediocre player like Martial. Walker came on and put him in his pocket, making 2 key passes in his ten minutes too.

With that new stadium though is it financially viable to do so?

Once one player gets a significant raise the rest will follow.

The only way I see us getting Alderweireld is if we offered him an unrefusable offer which resulted in him forcing through a move.

Right, but I think it's already happened. Alderweireld, and Walker for that matter, were on south of £100,000 p/w which is much less than they could get guaranteed elsewhere.

I think a major wage restructure is inevitable at Spuds as their young prospects become stars and they start cementing themselves as a top four team. Its obviously too late to hold on to Walker, he's ours now confirmed, but letting Alderweireld go would show a massive darth of ambition and you'd have to wonder if players like Alli would fancy their chances of getting a trophy at that rate.

If he pushes to the exit, I could see Levy trying to ship him to Madrid or the like instead.

How come?

I wasn't too eager for him at first for footballing reasons but I've seen so many people say this. I'm aware that he's apparently said something shitty about us (can't find specifically what, though) and I'm wondering if that's the underlying issue or if there's anything more to it.

He's a bit of an ass in general mate, fouls a lot, rants at the ref, gets away with it because he's been with Spuds.

But yes, he made a stupid comment on Twitter about us a few years ago. Maybe someone will find it.

I must confess that I haven't been paying particularly close attention to other teams this season, so my opinion was predominately based on his glowing reputation from last season.

I know I will be denounced for caring about how much we pay for players, but I will be immensely disappointed if we are paying Spurs over £35m for Walker. He's simply not that good.
If we pay £35 mil think we have done oK, Bellerin would be at least £50mil,think hell end up at Barcelona anyway. But I agree with others Walker has been the better player this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.