Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not completely ruling out Alderweireld yet.

If he doesn't get the money he thinks he deserves he will push for a move to a rival in my opinion.

He could arguably play for any team in the world in my opinion.

I agree about Alderweireld, he's been absolute class this season (though you could argue Vertonghen has shaded him) and would walk into most top teams, including our own next to Stones or Vinny.

There's two problems that make it impossible, especially now:
1. Levy won't want to ship two in one window.
2. He's even less likely to let two go to one single title rival.

Walker was always on his way out, little Spuds could do to hide it, now it's confirmed. Alderweireld though, if push comes to shove I could see them renegotiating his contract, even if it resulted in a squad-wide wage restructure it's preferable than letting all your best players go.

The only other player i've not liked was sami but when on it he was very talented

Feel almost exactly the same. Walker is an ass and some of his sour grapes comments about City in the past make him difficult to like. But, like Samir, his quality is undeniable and he's proven on exactly the stage we need it.

I agree about Alderweireld, he's been absolute class this season (though you could argue Vertonghen has shaded him) and would walk into most top teams, including our own next to Stones or Vinny.

There's two problems that make it impossible, especially now:
1. Levy won't want to ship two in one window.
2. He's even less likely to let two go to one single title rival.

Walker was always on his way out, little Spuds could do to hide it, now it's confirmed. Alderweireld though, if push comes to shove I could see them renegotiating his contract, even if it resulted in a squad-wide wage restructure it's preferable than letting all your best players go.

Feel almost exactly the same. Walker is an ass and some of his sour grapes comments about City make him difficult to like. But, like Samir, his quality is undeniable and he's proven on exactly the stage we need it.

With that new stadium though is it financially viable to do so?

Once one player gets a significant raise the rest will follow.

The only way I see us getting Alderweireld is if we offered him an unrefusable offer which resulted in him forcing through a move.

Disappointing news. Whilst Walker may be a slightly better footballer, his style of play evokes memories of Micah to me. I dread to think how much we are spending on a soon-to-be 27 year old, whose primary strengths are of a physical nature.

tbf when micah was fit for us he was class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.