Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are overreacting to his performance yesterday, the entire Monaco side were completely choked by Juve, other excellent players like Lemar, Bakayoko and most of all Bernardo Silva were also made to look like fools, only Mbappé had flashes of brilliance and even then he was largely pocketed.

Fabinho has been excellent as a DM throughout the season and he'd absolutely be an upgrade over Fernandinho, him being able to play RB is a bonus but really not the position he's meant to play in the future, his reading of the game and physicality is better utilized in a more central position.

People are overreacting to his performance yesterday, the entire Monaco side were completely choked by Juve, other excellent players like Lemar, Bakayoko and most of all Bernardo Silva were also made to look like fools, only Mbappé had flashes of brilliance and even then he was largely pocketed.

Fabinho has been excellent as a DM throughout the season and he'd absolutely be an upgrade over Fernandinho, him being able to play RB is a bonus but really not the position he's meant to play in the future, his reading of the game and physicality is better utilized in a more central position.
Lemar looked off, true. But Silva, Mbappe, and Falcao didn't. They were stopped collectively, But their individual abilities were apparent. Or at least so it seemed to me.

Lemar looked off, true. But Silva, Mbappe, and Falcao didn't. They were stopped collectively, But their individual abilities were apparent. Or at least so it seemed to me.

I have to agree with this. Just by watching you knew Mbappe and Silva still are good players who have quality. Fabinho however couldn't complete a pass when he was put under pressure. As the pivot this would be trouble. If he completed his passes then others gave it away it would be a different story. A majority of teams will press us from the back and he should have to be able to play through pressure.

I have to agree with this. Just by watching you knew Mbappe and Silva still are good players who have quality. Fabinho however couldn't complete a pass when he was put under pressure. As the pivot this would be trouble. If he completed his passes then others gave it away it would be a different story. A majority of teams will press us from the back and he should have to be able to play through pressure.

I thought only Silva looked a player amongst their midfield. Mbappe & Falcao still looked good but should have had 3 goals.

I don't think Juve were particularly brilliant closing them down in midfield, just 'ok' but that was easily enough to take the ball. Without the ball, we ran through their midfield like shit through a goose & so did Juve. There is nothing to suggest their midfielders would be able to play any better than the players we already have, v tight hardworking Prem teams.

Their routine is usually to defend (badly) then break (brilliantly) not pass the ball around like we do. When put to the test v a side happy to let them do the playmaking, they were awful.

The usually reliable Gerard Romero is reporting that we're close to finalising a deal:

The usually reliable Gerard Romero is reporting that we're close to finalising a deal:

I think he has very good contact on City because he broke many story about us like Sane Stones and also on Nolito and Bravo.
Think Fabinho will be perfect for us with our attacking style !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.