Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
On reflection I would bet strongly on Mbappe staying for one more year and Monaco agreeing a deal in principle for next summer. He's guaranteed to start, cement his place in the France team for the World Cup, and will be playing as a champion whilst still growing and learning. He will also increase in value and it looks like Monaco will raise enough cash from other sales.

That's how I would guess it goes & Real Madrid convince his people they'll step in & buy him when the time comes.

Someone made the comparison as to how Rashford might score goals in France.

Turn that round & look at how many times a simple punt upfield here, or a defender falling over, gives Rashford a chance to use his pace, which he does, then 8 times out of ten, hits the keeper, falls on his arse or smacks it into row Z. Then look at Mbappe's finishing by comparison & also his positioning & his foot movement & he's faster than Rashford.

In the final 3rd, he is a nightmare to play against, at any level. He is already doing what Neymar can do, in that area.

The difference is that Neymar can drop deep & contribute more, at this stage, but he has never done that outside his comfort zones, where he gets a free kick if someone farts next to him.

It's splitting hairs to suggest he would automatically be better, simply because he's older. Mbappe, if it was ever possible to sign him, would not be a gamble.

I said its more likely not automatically and there's nothing splitting hairs about it. At the highest level, we've only seen Mbappe really shine against a city team with stones and otamendi at the center of defence and Dortmund, as open two teams as you're gonna get in the champions league this season which suits his game. He really didn't get much of a sniff against juve(can't really be faulted) or against PSG in the french cup. What you're forgetting is we haven't really seen much of what he can do against organised teams that sit with 10 players behind the ball with very physical defenders which he would mostly be facing in the prem if playing for city. Neymar has been used to facing those teams all his career and excelled. I also don't think he's at neymar's level in the final third as you believe even though he's a really deadly finisher in the box, he can't create moments of magic in the final third as much as neymar can especially against crowded defences. Most of his goals in the champions league have been a case of being at the right place at the right time or capitalising on a defensive mistake. I don't understand how you're finding it difficult to believe that he''s more of a gamble than neymar

Someone made the comparison as to how Rashford might score goals in France.

Turn that round & look at how many times a simple punt upfield here, or a defender falling over, gives Rashford a chance to use his pace, which he does, then 8 times out of ten, hits the keeper, falls on his arse or smacks it into row Z. Then look at Mbappe's finishing by comparison & also his positioning & his foot movement & he's faster than Rashford.

In the final 3rd, he is a nightmare to play against, at any level. He is already doing what Neymar can do, in that area.

The difference is that Neymar can drop deep & contribute more, at this stage, but he has never done that outside his comfort zones, where he gets a free kick if someone farts next to him.

It's splitting hairs to suggest he would automatically be better, simply because he's older. Mbappe, if it was ever possible to sign him, would not be a gamble.
Another analogy we could use is Jesus. Equally as young, not PM proven yet landed running.

Everything will be much clearer on Mbappe I'd say within the next two weeks. He has to either sign the contract that Monaco have offered him or tell them he wants to go. I'm betting he signs up.

Also Jason Burt's story about the 100 million bid is absolute nonsense. Monaco are happy to keep feeding the media figures which exceed the money United paid for Pogba but so far nobody's gone there yet.

Everything will be much clearer on Mbappe I'd say within the next two weeks. He has to either sign the contract that Monaco have offered him or tell them he wants to go. I'm betting he signs up.

Also Jason Burt's story about the 100 million bid is absolute nonsense. Monaco are happy to keep feeding the media figures which exceed the money United paid for Pogba but so far nobody's gone there yet.

Don't get why any top player would sign any new contract when you have clubs wanting you.

I said its more likely not automatically and there's nothing splitting hairs about it. At the highest level, we've only seen Mbappe really shine against a city team with stones and otamendi at the center of defence and Dortmund, as open two teams as you're gonna get in the champions league this season which suits his game. He really didn't get much of a sniff against juve(can't really be faulted) or against PSG in the french cup. What you're forgetting is we haven't really seen much of what he can do against organised teams that sit with 10 players behind the ball with very physical defenders which he would mostly be facing in the prem if playing for city. Neymar has been used to facing those teams all his career and excelled. I also don't think he's at neymar's level in the final third as you believe even though he's a really deadly finisher in the box, he can't create moments of magic in the final third as much as neymar can especially against crowded defences. Most of his goals in the champions league have been a case of being at the right place at the right time or capitalising on a defensive mistake. I don't understand how you're finding it difficult to believe that he''s more of a gamble than neymar

It is close enough that it doesn't matter, that's what I mean by splitting hairs. And he is 18. And 'being in the right place' often means making a lightning near post run which no defeder on earth can stop as he did v Juve, then missed the easy bit, the finish. He scored once & missed two other big chances v Juve so the idea they somehow negated him was not true, he just had an off day in the first game & missed two he would normally score. Neymar has also mised some easy ones, one or two howlers.

Neymar was up against Zabaleta at our place. Zabba had more trouble in half an hour v West Brom. Mbappe has more goals in the Champs Lg this season, Neymar more assists.

And surely you mean you haven't seen Mbappe in those tight situations, rather than 'we' ? He has fantastic quick feet & can beat players in small spaces & does, frequently.

We are talking about two top players. Not one top player & some kind of flash in the pan. Both different, both difficult to play against, neither guarantee you beat West Brom away, in a hurricane.

They are not saying they won't sell, I notice. It would make sense for him to spend another season there, then do the World Cup.

It is close enough that it doesn't matter, that's what I mean by splitting hairs. And he is 18. And 'being in the right place' often means making a lightning near post run which no defeder on earth can stop as he did v Juve, then missed the easy bit, the finish. He scored once & missed two other big chances v Juve so the idea they somehow negated him was not true, he just had an off day in the first game & missed two he would normally score. Neymar has also mised some easy ones, one or two howlers.

Neymar was up against Zabaleta at our place. Zabba had more trouble in half an hour v West Brom. Mbappe has more goals in the Champs Lg this season, Neymar more assists.

And surely you mean you haven't seen Mbappe in those tight situations, rather than 'we' ? He has fantastic quick feet & can beat players in small spaces & does, frequently.

We are talking about two top players. Not one top player & some kind of flash in the pan. Both different, both difficult to play against, neither guarantee you beat West Brom away, in a hurricane.

Maybe that is where we differ as I don't anywhere near think Mbappe is close to being a top player let alone to be considered in the same bracket as Neymar. Is he a very talented young player with all the attributes to someday become a top one? yes but currently I wouldn't class him as one yet on the back of 1 season in the french league. There's been young players who've looked very talented in their breakthrough seasons and not gone on to do much since though admittedly very few have shown it at the champions league level. At this point we will be going in circles as we clearly have different views on his level as a player so let's just agree to disagree on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.