Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

More victims are being named. A polish couple who were waiting for their 2 daughters in the foyer were killed. Cannot imagine what that family is going through.

The mother of the 15 year old girl who was pleading for her return has also confirmed she has died, her friend has suffered life changing inn juries and surgeons are battling to save their eyes. A primary school child named Megan was also confirmed to of been killed.

No. The quote stands. No man that kills for oil thinks they are doing a good deed. And if they are able to kill and pass it off as collateral damage without a second thought then they are not good men.

Without religion then attacks such as Paris and London and London and Manchester and a myriad of others don't happen.

I stand by all of the post you quoted.

Religion is immaterial and wholly irrelevant to these people. It is a hook that they can hang their warped sense of whatever it is they feel. If it weren't religion there'd be another ten hooks all lined up!

No. The quote stands. No man that kills for oil thinks they are doing a good deed. And if they are able to kill and pass it off as collateral damage without a second thought then they are not good men.

Without religion then attacks such as Paris and London and London and Manchester and a myriad of others don't happen.

Too simplistic. Because of the inevitable cross wiring of human nature (social grouping, defending your own etc) they'll always be those with a grudge, who can influence others and see violence as a legitimate action with or without religion. As an example The Northern Ireland troubles weren't essentially about religion, it was about 2 different groups with different cultural backgrounds who claimed a right to a land. The religious difference was just a stamp of their cultural heritage and not the reason for the fighting and anger. Without the religion there still would have been violence.

Religion is immaterial and wholly irrelevant to these people. It is a hook that they can hang their warped sense of whatever it is they feel. If it weren't religion there'd be another ten hooks all lined up!
I would agree with you but the fact that all the attacks are coming from a single demographic.

Where are all the indiscriminate attacks from people with other backgrounds? Or are people of middle eastern and north African descent genetically more disposed to having warped feelings and wanting to attack others whilst killing themselves in the process? (the answer is "of course not").

I had a few pints last night too. It's obvious what the conversation was. Lots of different opinions on the problems, solutions etc. but everybody respected everyone elses perspective.

The tram in this morning was subdued. We had a jolt just before a stop and a few people felt it...

Without the religion there still would have been violence [in Northern Ireland].
Totally disagree. The Religion allowed the divides to remain. What had happened 2 or 3 hundred years ago would have long been forgotten, people have intermarried. Saying they are from different cultural backgrounds is false. They are all essentially Anglo-Saxons and Celts, of the same genetic make up as people from Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow & Dublin. Without religion all divides would have not have prevailed for 300 years.

One girl who's family have been on the news all day looking for her has been killed, was really hoping she was going to be found alive.

The young girl who's mother was on TV all day yesterday appealing as to her whereabouts,has finally been named as one of the victims......so terribly sad.

My cousin's niece. R. I .P. Olivia. Such a fucking tragic waste.

Victoria station still closed "for several days" say northern rail. No update on Metrolink website since 6.45 yesterday. I can understand why the Victoria platforms needing bridge access might be part of the crime scene but the other platforms and tram are not that close.

What does that make Churchill then?

Sorry if you don't think current Islamist terrorism is about oil as well as religion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.