Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a quick look on ragcafe to see if they expect him to end up at city and seen this quote

oh how times have changed
There are some "Cityesque" posters on Red Cafe—very few but there are level-headed, halfway decent folk. My favourite poster recently said that he thought it was right that Bernardo Silva came to us because he probably wouldn't enjoy playing RWB at United. Gave me a chuckle.

I think he has confirmed its done in the Its Quiet thread. I would agree, makes sense to wait until Monday as there are all these cup finals this weekend. Signing Mendy on Monday would be the main story. Smart move from us if so.
That is what I am thinking (and hoping).

Micah averaged about 87% pass completion since 11/12
Mendy 78%

Dribbling...Do you not remember Micah's mazy runs? Mendy has a poor take-on rate for a full back

I see nothing to differentiate their control

I'll give you crossing
Thing is, most stat sites, with the exception of Opta, include crossing as part of pass completion...and Mendy crosses a ton.

Clichy has also higher take on percentage that Mendy, Marcelo, and Sandro.

There goes your stats for you....

Fact of the matter is Mendy is technical and physical. He can control difficult passes, can dribble, and can cross. He's lightning fast and good in the air. He is an anomaly.

There are some "Cityesque" posters on Red Cafe—very few but there are level-headed, halfway decent folk. May favourite poster recently said that he thought it was right that Bernardo Silva came to us because he probably wouldn't enjoy playing RWB at United. Gave me a chuckle.

Having had a quick look through some of their over transfer threads they don't look too pleased about links with Perisic, Sanchez or Keane

Thing is, most stat sites, with the exception of Opta, include crossing as part of pass completion...and Mendy crosses a ton.

Clichy has also higher take on percentage that Mendy, Marcelo, and Sandro.

There goes your stats for you....

Fact of the matter is Mendy is technical and physical. He can control difficult passes, can dribble, and can cross. He's lightning fast and good in the air. He is an anomaly.

Yeah but Clichy isn't a dribbler, only attempted 9 this season and completed 7. Mendy has attempted 66 and completed 37.

Didn't look lightning fast vs Sterling..He has pace but he is not rapid.

He is ok in the air & should be better given his size..Wins just over 50% of his headers compared to Kolarov who is about the same size and wins 65% of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.