MEN - United have "embarrassed" City over academy graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the purpose of the academy is not to produce players who will be good enough for us in the long term but to play a few times such as Powell Wilson et al who then get sold to Wigan or Sunderland. Isnt that the same as playing them them and putting them on display?

They signed Powell after he'd played about 50 games for Crewe, as a potential first team player, so I don't know why you are even mentioning him.

No, it is not the purpose of the academy to produce players for the lower leagues. That's just what happens to pretty much all of them, good bad or indifferent, if you never give any a chance. They lose their edge.

One or two,take the chance if you give it to them. Most others are just fill ins, or have a quick surge & perhaps win you a game or two before tailling off. Most go for better money than they would if they never played.

FEW cost you games or stop you winning titles etc, that is a myth used on here, to excuse why we have so often ignored our young players.

No you don't fucking get it at all & don't seem to have fucking English as a first language. HOW THE FUCK can you read my posts and come up with this shite ?
I think Utd's academy is utter & complete fucking dogshite.Yet they play these average to crap players in the Premier League & they get the kudos from the football world, for doing it.

We have wasted fucking years of potential talent, & those ****s have been playing these fucking galoots in the Prem, for decades, & still winnining stuff most years.
The general idea being pushed around football is, kid signing for Utd= potential PL player, kid signing for City= money for parents. They want to stop us getting the best talent & if there are enough self satisfied, lazy, attitudes like yours around, they will succeed.We need to PLAY our players, not polish them & put them in display cases.

First off no need to be rude

You are holding the United academy as the way to go forward It isnt!!!

The issue that you seem to have is how the media report such matters such as every young player from United is a world beater see Januzay Wilson et al as examples and is now happening with Rashford. None of these players were good enough for United and would not have been good for City but you think we should have played them to try and get some brownie points from the media

It will never happen. If we play a young player and then sell him you will get City ruin young players life and throw him on the scrapheap. If they dont reach the first team and we sell them headline will be what is the point of the academy we will never win that battle

The point is players and parents and coaches know where the best academy is for the long term development of players and its not United as Phil Neille and Van Persie. We will never get any praise for it from the media until we have been as successful for as long as United and the media get the clicks required to be nice about City

In the meantime the City academy will continue its long term plan to try and develop world class talent that will be able to play for City for the long term and not just be a short term quick fix

Chelsea are not the example, they are a fucking disaster at bringing through players, same as us. They also waste loads of talent & imo it should be stopped.
do not forget to add Bayern real and juve to that list among others , but you are the tail wagging the dog,you are denying youth of a chance of a better education
there is only a very small chance of any player coming through at any club, and the higher you go the smaller the chance

do not forget to add Bayern real and juve to that list among others , but you are the tail wagging the dog,you are denying youth of a chance of a better education
there is only a very small chance of any player coming through at any club, and the higher you go the smaller the chance

There are currently two clubs where a young player has less chance of coming through than anywhere else imo, City & Chelsea. And ironically, the two clubs have more talent on their books than most others.

I hope in City's case, it will soon change as the manager, prior to this, has always been someone who would prefer to use talent if it's there. In his first season, he's not been too bad imo, as it's been difficult. The young players he should have been able to include, have already been mismanaged by Pellegrini & have gone down rather than up, in quality.

You are still talking shit!!! Quelle suprise!!!

You keep saying City should copy United and play the young players despite you admitting those same players are dogshit..... your words.

The reason for you spouting this shit is that they get kudos for doing it and therefore so will City. I have explained why the media will never give us that kudos therefore why there is no point in copying the United model

Therefore as you dont seem to understand fucking English there is no point in having this discussion !!!!

I didn't say all their players were dogshit, I said their academy was.

And yet, even though you clearly know that, you have twice posted on here, that I am holding thir academy up in high esteem.

That makes you a bit of a dishonest poster imo.

And no need to be rude.

First off no need to be rude

You are holding the United academy as the way to go forward It isnt!!!

The issue that you seem to have is how the media report such matters such as every young player from United is a world beater see Januzay Wilson et al as examples and is now happening with Rashford. None of these players were good enough for United and would not have been good for City but you think we should have played them to try and get some brownie points from the media

It will never happen. If we play a young player and then sell him you will get City ruin young players life and throw him on the scrapheap. If they dont reach the first team and we sell them headline will be what is the point of the academy we will never win that battle

The point is players and parents and coaches know where the best academy is for the long term development of players and its not United as Phil Neille and Van Persie. We will never get any praise for it from the media until we have been as successful for as long as United and the media get the clicks required to be nice about City

In the meantime the City academy will continue its long term plan to try and develop world class talent that will be able to play for City for the long term and not just be a short term quick fix

I think the point being made is United have inferior youth players an inferior academy and yet more players get game time In there first team rather than at City where a vast majority of the forum seem to believe that by playing youngsters this will undermine the first team which has not been the case across the road.

It's not always the case at Utd though, it is sometimes.

None of these teams who have been 'forced' to use kids, have found it a disasterous thing. In the case of the rags, we have seen scores of soon to be forgotten kids come on, play a decent game or even score the winner for them, milk the publicity, then get sold to Steve Bruce or whoever.

What we haven't seen, is many who come on & 'cost them the game' or the title. It is usually the experienced blokes next to them, who do that.
Disagree on the first line, I think they are as reluctant to throw on youngsters aa we are.

Agree completely on the rest, whuch is why i find our lack of trust so annoying. Case in point, Maffeo versus Manure away. And what did we do? Discard him as soon as some 30-35 year old was available in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.