Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Mendy thread, but you and others are making generalisations (see above: "don't believe until holding a blue shirt on OS") about transfer rumours as if they are all the same until confirmed.

So if you think one report by the Telegraph's Jason Burt, who suggested Pep would bin Vincent Kompany only a few weeks ago, holds more validity than multiple reports in the UK/Monaco saying it's done then I don't know what to tell you.
I don't believe anything until its confirmed,if i may say so you seem to be the opposite which is fine,newspaper talk is for discussion only not to be taken as fact

I don't believe anything until its confirmed,if i may say so you seem to be the opposite which is fine,newspaper talk is for discussion only not to be taken as fact
Mendy is done & dusted, chill out he's been playing for France this weekend. He will be holding his shirt for you on Monday

It's perfectly acceptable to take reports from trustworthy sources as fact. Further, it's equally acceptable to give credence to so-called ITKs on here who confirm it.

But people have different ideas of what is "confirmed". @TFC doesn't believe a word until a player holds up a City shirt on the OS. You, however, were more than willing to take @MCRJON at his word that Walker was done, never mind what's going on with Ederson.

Some people won't believe it no matter what, but the majority on here aren't so sceptical. I'd say those going into a frenzy over a Telegraph article retweeted by City Watch are in the latter category and suggesting, then, that there's far more reliable sources stating Mendy is a done deal, is fair game.

It's perfectly acceptable to take reports from trustworthy sources as fact. Further, it's equally acceptable to give credence to so-called ITKs on here who confirm it.

But people have different ideas of what is "confirmed". @TFC doesn't believe a word until a player holds up a City shirt on the OS. You, however, were more than willing to take @MCRJON at his word that Walker was done, never mind what's going on with Ederson.

Some people won't believe it no matter what, but the majority on here aren't so sceptical. I'd say those going into a frenzy over a Telegraph article retweeted by City Watch are in the latter category and suggesting, then, that there's far more reliable sources stating Mendy is a done deal, is fair game.
I choose to believe one person on here MCRJON because has been proved right over a long period of time and only posts once in a while with info,i'm not going into a frenzy over anything,i'm chilled and enjoying the transfer gossip whilst not being naive about it,each to their own

I choose to believe one person on here MCRJON because has been proved right over a long period of time and only posts once in a while with info,i'm not going into a frenzy over anything,i'm chilled and enjoying the transfer gossip whilst not being naive about it,each to their own

I'm not saying you are going into a frenzy, but certainly we do get some knee-jerk reactions on here which come close to it.

You believe Jon because he has a great track record for these things. Good. I'm suggesting the same logic can be applied to say, Sam Lee or Julien from Monaco, over the likes of Jason Burt.

Like I said, this thread is purely fun for me, always has been. Far too much faith put in the itk's and far too much abuse sent their way if things don't pan out as predicted. Os is the only real itk for me, but i certainly don't begrudge anyone for enjoying the ride on here.

Like I said, this thread is purely fun for me, always has been. Far too much faith put in the itk's and far too much abuse sent their way if things don't pan out as predicted. Os is the only real itk for me, but i certainly don't begrudge anyone for enjoying the ride on here.

Completely, 110% agree. It doesn't matter how good your connections are, there are so many complications which could arise with player transfers. Look at what happened with Laporte last year, MCRJON could be Txiki and Tolmie could be Guardiola and, if they posted their info 48 hours before he renewed his contract, they both would have been wrong.

It's not done until it's on the OS but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the info posted in good faith and it certainly makes the summer infintely more entertaining.

Karen you are right that MCRJON would seem to be the only one who posts clear information on here that hasn't been stated elsewhere, and is regularly correct. Not sure what his connection is but it seems solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.