Glass Tunnel now taking shape

Per population Tameside followed by Stockport has the highest number of blues based on the last figures in 2014.

Per population, I'm not sure, but on pure numbers South Manchester makes up the core of our fan base over the last 50 years without any doubt.

Per population, I'm not sure, but on pure numbers South Manchester makes up the core of our fan base over the last 50 years without any doubt.

Depends where you are referring to
In South Manchester. Some areas like Sale/Cheadle have high numbers of blues but that is similar for United due to the size of the Population so you could argue their 'blue areas'.

Places like Didsbury/Withington have large number of blues and statistically areas like Denton, Audenshaw, Droylsden east, Hyde woodley/bredbury have large numbers of blues and higher concentrations of blues to reds based on season ticket stats data published.

Last edited:
Depends where you are referring to
In South Manchester. Some areas like Sale/Cheadle have high numbers of blues but that is similar for United due to the size of the Population so you could argue their 'blue areas'.

Places like Didsbury/Withington have large number of blues and statistically areas like Denton, Audenshaw, Droylsden east, Hyde woodley/bredbury have large numbers of blues and higher concentrations of blues to reds based on season ticket stats data published.

Yeh I'd say they're all blue areas except for Sale which I'd consider red. Pretty sure on the last study I read it said Cheadle was City's area with the most season tickets, and Sale was United's. I'm sure that's also a reflection that they're slightly wealthier areas than the other Manchester suburbs you listed.

I guess the point I'm making is that I'd consider City's heartland as south Manchester and east Manchester. But the club seem to have forgotten the south Manchester roots we had for 80 odd years.

Unless they're classing Trafford as "west Manchester" and the city of Manchester itself as "east Manchester". But to me east Manchster is Droylsdon, Clayton, Tameside basically. I know there are loads of blues up that way, but there's equally loads in Fallowfield, Moss Side, Didsbury, Longsight, Levenshulme, Bernage etc. Personally I'd consider those areas as south Manchester, but the club never seems to engage with those communities any more.

Advert in the Times today for membership. Must be pushing for corporate neutral clients who want to cash in on the cache of the PL.

No wonder it's struggling to sell out. What is there to see? A load of players hugging each other before the game?

For £15k a year id want a Estonian stripper pouring Dom Perignon down
my neck whilst sat naked in a hot tub, not Mike Summerbee having a pre match chat with someone and Bernard Halford lurking around for a ride on the bus.

Yeh I'd say they're all blue areas except for Sale which I'd consider red. Pretty sure on the last study I read it said Cheadle was City's area with the most season tickets, and Sale was United's. I'm sure that's also a reflection that they're slightly wealthier areas than the other Manchester suburbs you listed.

I guess the point I'm making is that I'd consider City's heartland as south Manchester and east Manchester. But the club seem to have forgotten the south Manchester roots we had for 80 odd years.

Unless they're classing Trafford as "west Manchester" and the city of Manchester itself as "east Manchester". But to me east Manchster is Droylsdon, Clayton, Tameside basically. I know there are loads of blues up that way, but there's equally loads in Fallowfield, Moss Side, Didsbury, Longsight, Levenshulme, Bernage etc. Personally I'd consider those areas as south Manchester, but the club never seems to engage with those communities any more.

Yes droylsden, Hyde, Denton I would imagine are considered east manchester and like you say the others are south manchester.

It would be interesting to know if the demographic of blues in areas like Levenshulme, Whalley Range, Moss side has changed since the ground move.

Yes droylsden, Hyde, Denton I would imagine are considered east manchester and like you say the others are south manchester.

It would be interesting to know if the demographic of blues in areas like Levenshulme, Whalley Range, Moss side has changed since the ground move.

Yeh I think it's a generational thing, mate. There's still a huge core of City fans in south Manchester in their 30s, 40s and upwards. And I'm sure there's more City fans in primary schools now than ever before.

But it's that middle lost generation in their teens and 20s now who grew up with The Shite dominating everything and us in the 3rd division that I reckon we lost a lot of fans in.

Yeh I think it's a generational thing, mate. There's still a huge core of City fans in south Manchester in their 30s, 40s and upwards. And I'm sure there's more City fans in primary schools now than ever before.

But it's that middle lost generation in their teens and 20s now who grew up with The Shite dominating everything and us in the 3rd division that I reckon we lost a lot of fans in.

Its no coincidence that age group reached adulthood around the time arguably our support was at its best around 1998. We use to take thousands everywhere, loyal home support and a great atmosphere too. Im 41 myself and it was noticeable at the time how young our following was in comparison to now. We certainly lost a generation.

Its no coincidence that age group reached adulthood around the time arguably our support was at its best around 1998. We use to take thousands everywhere, loyal home support and a great atmosphere too. Im 41 myself and it was noticeable at the time how young our following was in comparison to now. We certainly lost a generation.

Yeh I'm from a similar generation to you mate and away days especially were a brilliant atmosphere in those days, and full of teenagers and early 20s. I think we lost a generation, but also, and I don't think this will be popular on here, but it was far easier to get away tickets in those days. Now it's a military operation if you've not got 20k points. It's shit for the youngsters because they can't just decide to go last minute with a load of mates. Our away support is probably average age 40, it's not good for the future, it's short sighted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.