Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez just needs to hold his nerve, Arsenal will crack £50 mil is a huge sum of money when he could join us anyway next summer on a free.

If they had secured CL football it would have strengthened their hand, there is no way they will pass on £50m into their coffers , having said that they surely must be aware of the shit storm with the fans if they let him move on! Arsenal TV is going to be delicious!

I don't think it's the money that will be crucial but the impact on his game. Imagine too the rumours and uncertainty as their season winds down. It will hang over them all season if they keep him and in the circumstances his game could dip

Sanchez just needs to hold his nerve, Arsenal will crack £50 mil is a huge sum of money when he could join us anyway next summer on a free.

I'd go as far to say that any CEO who rejects a £50m offer and allows a player to walk away for free 12 months later should be immediately sacked and possibly brought up on criminal charges.

A CEO has a duty as a corporate officer to act in the best interests of the shareholders and their investments. Rejecting £50m of potential revenue for an asset that they KNOW will be worth £0 in less than 12 months time would fall under this if I was the owner. Especially when the company has just lost £30m of revenue from CL qualification failure.

If you were Ivan Gazidis, what would you think of this act and how it affects your money?

That's why I reckon he's off.

You have to wonder why Arsenal let this happen again and again. Is it how they managed to secure too very good talents in Ozil and Sanchez. Do they offer them less contracts than they get elsewhere with the promise that if a club with more intentions comes in for them they can leave.

I'd go as far to say that any CEO who rejects a £50m offer and allows a player to walk away for free 12 months later should be immediately sacked and possibly brought up on criminal charges.

A CEO has a duty as a corporate officer to act in the best interests of the shareholders and their investments. Rejecting £50m of potential revenue for an asset that they KNOW will be worth £0 in less than 12 months time would fall under this if I was the owner. Especially when the company has just lost £30m of revenue from CL qualification failure.

If you were Ivan Gazidis, what would you think of this act and how it affects your money?

Good point.

A £80mill loss is a bitter pill to swallow.

#inwengerwetrust

This transfer iMO will all be about saving face and ensuring that the fans are aware that it is the player and ourselves to blame. If this goes through quickly I will be surprised.

I'd say the likeyhood is that this deal will go through. However, i wouldn't say its a certainty just yet, people are using our past dealings saying that we cave in all the time, the only thing i would say is the circumstances are slightly different this time.

Back then, we couldnt really afford to not take the money. We needed to trade players if we wanted to make new signings because the stadium still weighed heavily on us. We couldnt afford to pay the wages you guys were offering, & you guys were selling a vision.

As for Van Persie, what he did with Utd would probably act as a deterrent to Wenger doing the same, rather than seen as a positive thing. That probably hurt him a great deal watching him basically win the league for them.

Now, we aren't under pressure to sell anyone. With the new tv deals & new sponsorship deals, we are a lot more financially secure than we were back then. Add in the fact that the board & Wenger have never been under as much scrutiny, it's a big summer for them, & they need to get it right.

After saying all that though, Wenger usually at somepoint will take into consideration the players wishes. He tends to think of the man, as well as the player, so i think it will all hinge on discussions Wenger will have with the player personally. If Sanchez kicks up a bit of a fuss...ala Van Persie's open letter after his meeting with Wenger, i think he'll probably get his wish. That way it sort of absolves Wenger of the blame & puts the focus on Sanchez himself. If Sanchez accepts that he stays, then i can see Arsenal keeping him regardless if he signs a new contract or not. That way they can think about replacing him next year, rather than have to do too much in one summer.

I will be sad if he goes, but there will be no fume from me. I'll be intrigued to see him at City, & how he fits in. He's indulged at Arsenal to a certain extent, he basically plays when he wants (which is all the time), he is allowed to do what he wants on the pitch, hold on to the ball, lose possession etc as we know he is capable of the spectacular. He is the main man, the focal point of our team, & although he does get frustrated with team mates at times, he seems to enjoy & thrive on that role for club & country. It will be interesting to see how he fits in with what Pep is hoping to do, whether Sanchez has to adapt his game to be a more a team player to do what Pep wants. I think you lose a bit of what Sanchez is all about if that's the case, so i cant see him posting the same numbers as he does for us, but with you guys the responsibilites would be more shared out anyway as you wouldn't have the same reliance on him that we have.

I agree Damo, writing £50 mil off just to prevent a player joining a rival club doesn't make good business sense to me!
I think Sanchez just keeps a poker face they will fold. Like you said they have shareholders to think of and I too think they will sell mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.