Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to transfermarkt.de Juventus is interested in Douglas Costa from Bayern. The price is 50 million, says Bayern. They will not get that I am sure, but they will get enough to seriously help funding a Sanchez transfer. I hope we get this one done as soon as possible.

I agree Damo, writing £50 mil off just to prevent a player joining a rival club doesn't make good business sense to me!
I think Sanchez just keeps a poker face they will fold. Like you said they have shareholders to think of and I too think they will sell mate.

To turn 50m down down just to DELAY a player joining a rival club by a yr is criminal. OK he stays then in January announces he has a signed a pre contract with city for the next season how is that gonna affect the 2nd half of the season for arsenal?????

Is it? He was offered £1Bn for his shares and turned it down.

Presumably because he thinks he can make more by keeping hold of it, continuing to make money and then sell when he wants to? It certainly won't be because he thinks he will make less money by keeping hold of it for now.

Presumably because he thinks he can make more by keeping hold of it, continuing to make money and then sell when he wants to? It certainly won't be because he thinks he will make less money by keeping hold of it for now.
You are correct :-)

I'd say the likeyhood is that this deal will go through. However, i wouldn't say its a certainty just yet, people are using our past dealings saying that we cave in all the time, the only thing i would say is the circumstances are slightly different this time.

Back then, we couldnt really afford to not take the money. We needed to trade players if we wanted to make new signings because the stadium still weighed heavily on us. We couldnt afford to pay the wages you guys were offering, & you guys were selling a vision.

As for Van Persie, what he did with Utd would probably act as a deterrent to Wenger doing the same, rather than seen as a positive thing. That probably hurt him a great deal watching him basically win the league for them.

Now, we aren't under pressure to sell anyone. With the new tv deals & new sponsorship deals, we are a lot more financially secure than we were back then. Add in the fact that the board & Wenger have never been under as much scrutiny, it's a big summer for them, & they need to get it right.

It's not really about you NEED for the money (although you've just lost a bunch of it you expected to have).

It's more that you have an asset worth whatever now that will be worth £0 in 12 months. That's insanity. You sell him. It's not even a debate, you sell him this summer. There's no reason at all not to.

This is still in the balance and will be for a long time to come. Arsenal will not budge until deep into the window and they will hope that AS is pressured into a move abroad to get out or signing a new contract. AS is entitled to refuse booth and I don’t see why he would want either of those things, he has been in the UK for years now and his next contract will be the biggest of his career. He would be stupid to be pressured into anything and his agent would know that. This all suggests a long drawn out saga. Don’t expect anything to happen quickly.

I'd say the likeyhood is that this deal will go through. However, i wouldn't say its a certainty just yet, people are using our past dealings saying that we cave in all the time, the only thing i would say is the circumstances are slightly different this time.

Back then, we couldnt really afford to not take the money. We needed to trade players if we wanted to make new signings because the stadium still weighed heavily on us. We couldnt afford to pay the wages you guys were offering, & you guys were selling a vision.

As for Van Persie, what he did with Utd would probably act as a deterrent to Wenger doing the same, rather than seen as a positive thing. That probably hurt him a great deal watching him basically win the league for them.

Now, we aren't under pressure to sell anyone. With the new tv deals & new sponsorship deals, we are a lot more financially secure than we were back then. Add in the fact that the board & Wenger have never been under as much scrutiny, it's a big summer for them, & they need to get it right.

After saying all that though, Wenger usually at somepoint will take into consideration the players wishes. He tends to think of the man, as well as the player, so i think it will all hinge on discussions Wenger will have with the player personally. If Sanchez kicks up a bit of a fuss...ala Van Persie's open letter after his meeting with Wenger, i think he'll probably get his wish. That way it sort of absolves Wenger of the blame & puts the focus on Sanchez himself. If Sanchez accepts that he stays, then i can see Arsenal keeping him regardless if he signs a new contract or not. That way they can think about replacing him next year, rather than have to do too much in one summer.

I will be sad if he goes, but there will be no fume from me. I'll be intrigued to see him at City, & how he fits in. He's indulged at Arsenal to a certain extent, he basically plays when he wants (which is all the time), he is allowed to do what he wants on the pitch, hold on to the ball, lose possession etc as we know he is capable of the spectacular. He is the main man, the focal point of our team, & although he does get frustrated with team mates at times, he seems to enjoy & thrive on that role for club & country. It will be interesting to see how he fits in with what Pep is hoping to do, whether Sanchez has to adapt his game to be a more a team player to do what Pep wants. I think you lose a bit of what Sanchez is all about if that's the case, so i cant see him posting the same numbers as he does for us, but with you guys the responsibilites would be more shared out anyway as you wouldn't have the same reliance on him that we have.

How does the situation sit with you're supposed wage cap. If he is asking for such a pay rise, like you say the tv rights and your commercial income should cover the wages, but what happens when Walcott, Ox, Ramsey and the rest of your squad start asking for pay rises equating to what Ozil and Sanchez ask for. Does it not also impact on your summer dealings if this drags on until August or do you think the board will of already decided.

do arsenal really want to turn down £50million after last season from him in the 2nd half of the season was poor until the FAcup and only then did he really turn up for arsenal. and with his age at the wrong end of the 20s will they just let him walk away for free

manchestre city are the only team in for him at that price make no bones about it and the age is a key factor at £50million for anybody else to have a value for money arsenal will sell to manchester city but will be made to wait and miss pre-season and team bonding camp and dead line day last hour will be talk of the skysports reporters on the man city campus with city fans chanting and sings outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.