Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do it early though? Why not drag it out till the last day?

They frustrate our plans, still get their £50m, prevent him from playing the first month of the season, cause major distraction and feel very relevant.

It's not like a smaller club that has a needs the sell first before it can afford to buy. And it's not like a club that needs to foster a great relationship for future mutual benefit.

I'd be surprised if Arsenal didn't make this a very long and sorry saga.

They frustrate our plans, still get their £50m, prevent him from playing the first month of the season, cause major distraction and feel very relevant.

It's not like a smaller club that has a needs the sell first before it can afford to buy. And it's not like a club that needs to foster a great relationship for future mutual benefit.

that's fine though as its the one area we are well and truly stocked with quality?? we actually don't really need at all to be honest!

that's fine though as its the one area we are well and truly stocked with quality?? we actually don't really need at all to be honest!
Fine and dandy for the club. Torture for us though. :-)

Oh how I hate transfer windows.

Fine and dandy for the club. Torture for us though. :-)

Oh how I hate transfer windows.

very true mate but we can afford to play the waiting game on this one and sort our mendy, Bertrand and walker which are way more pressing as it stands.

And in doing so pay him 250K pw for not playing until then?It won't happen. He'll be done fast.

If arsenal want and try and leave it till the last min then I think we should drop the price by 10m or even just pull out of the deal all together let them keep an unhappy player for 12 months then lose him for nothing!!!!

Perception mostly, sell him at the end of the window and it looks bad and starts the season on a low. Sell him early, buy some expensive replacements (that they likely would get anyway) and let the deluded fans and media think they're better without him.

Regardless, it'll drag on, but his preference is for City and there's fuck all Arsenal can do about it.
They won't hold him for a year and piss away £50m AND their highest wages on an unhappy squad filler. Kroenke and Gazidis don't care about anything other than money, but even if it was reversed the club has its investors to consider.

If Sanchez holds on with only wanting City, regardless of the obvious character assassination Arsenal have begun, then he'll come to City and that's that.

Not entirely sure why you have put it in your heads that he's pretty set on going to City.

Let me put you in the picture.

If Bayern Munich want him and Manchester City want him Arsenal will push him towards Bayern. Not only that but Bayern are the much more attractive option. Arsenal would take a 10m hit in the transfer fee just to stop him from going to City. Any sort of moved to Manchester City will be blocked by Arsenal.

We're talking about Alexis Sanchez here, not Samir Nasri. Alexis isn't driven by money he's driven by winning big trophies, something Bayern can almost certainly offer him whereas City is more 50/50 as to wether or not big trophies will come being in such a competitive league.

This is Alexis' last chance at a big move as he's soon to be 29 years old, why would he waste his time attempting to win trophies with city when he can be guaranteed big trophies at Bayern?

He either goes to Bayern to win things or stays at Arsenal for the money, because Arsenal will offer him just as much as City.

Case closed.

If arsenal want and try and leave it till the last min then I think we should drop the price by 10m or even just pull out of the deal all together let them keep an unhappy player for 12 months then lose him for nothing!!!!

One of the reasons I think we're in the driving seat,IF Sanchez wants us badly

You think Arsenal want to wait until the last day to buy their replacement?

They do need to sell first, because they can't afford to end up with a £50m loss, followed by paying £10m to a player who at best plays half heartedly, more likely kicks up a massive stench and kills the dressing room morale, plus makes every signing Arsenal line up for the future worry about if they'll be allowed to leave ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.