It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
morning boys and girls, sorry to be a lazy bastard but I assume no new news about walker or mendy yet?

Not putting money on it, but I can't see that. Maybe young players, or signings like Zinchenko or Mooy that go out on loan. Last Summer it was 5 with Jesus joining in Jan. 8 on top of that seems unlikely.

But two of those signings were Nolito and Bravo, so effectively we only made 3 actual first team signings last summer, so for pep to have a pep team 8 would really be spot on..

Are we still expecting at least 2 signings by Tuesday??

Looking fairly unlikely right now.

Are we still expecting at least 2 signings by Tuesday??

Looking fairly unlikely right now.

yeah that's not happening mate imo. looks like we may have agreements with the players and not the clubs so are trying not to be rinsed on the price

yeah that's not happening mate imo. looks like we may have agreements with the players and not the clubs so are trying not to be rinsed on the price

Hopefully doesn't drag on too long. I would be happy with one signing by Tuesday right now.

It was said that Pep wanted all his signings to be done in time for pre season and the US tour, that means a lot has to fall in place over next 4 and half weeks

It was said that Pep wanted all his signings to be done in time for pre season and the US tour, that means a lot has to fall in place over next 4 and half weeks

If we know that, then other clubs will know that too. I'm sure Pep doesn't want his signings early if it means being gouged on the price.

Several teams playing hard ball right now. Monaco, for example, are desperate to hold on to as many players from their title-winning side as possible while the vultures circle ominously. Rather than giving in to demands here, patience from City and continued pressure from the player for the move will ultimately pay off.

I do think two signings by Tuesday was always going to be a tough ask. The European transfer window isn't open yet we have two in the door already. The alacrity of those signings made many believe we'd be done and dusted within a few weeks, but Levy was never going to be as easy an individual to deal with as Vieira and, ultimately, two players from Monaco is a tall order. Most important thing is to get them in. Mendy, Bertrand, Walker, Sanchez, whoever Pep identifies as being key to his squad. Sooner would be better, but sometimes perfect is the enemy of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.