Finsbury Park mosque attack

The Media now saying the guy who died may not have died as a result of the attack but was already receiving medical attention for something else.

remarkable and commendable restraint shown by those witnesses who dragged the driver from his van and held him until Police arrived

That's true although some police were on the scene straight away and it was the back up that arrived within 10 minutes.

Obviously i don't know exactly what you experienced, however i know from visiting some Asian countries that i'd quite often feel intimidated/unwelcome. Then after a while realised that actually starting at people is just the cultural norm there, and doesn't have the same aggressive connotation as it does here. Anyway, perhaps that partly explains your feeling, or maybe not.
I am Asian.
Despite being a complete atheist, i have visited hindu temples, Sikh guru dwaras, Buddhist shrines, and i often visit churches in any European town i visit, to enjoy the architectures, stained glass and other art, etc.

Never ever have I seen such a weirdly scary, almost hive-mind like atmosphere. Could be just me, but i had honestly gone with an open mind to just enjoy sone food.

Was that person at all other incidents or his he/she just making a statement in the heat of the moment and out of emotion?

Its imperative that the media in this country acts responsibly right now and that this is seen for what it is, a murderous idiot killing innocent people.

Our emergency services are there for all and always will be.
I agree with your sentiments regarding our emergency services. You will always find people pushing preconceived agendas and misconceptions in situations such as these.
I think our emergency services do a great job and I'm glad they are always there when we need them.

You can't condone what this guy has done... as opposed to a deterioration in dialogue between ethnic groups, could this be the catalyst for change?

The Muslim community could see this as a warning sign, that we all need to chill the fuck out and discuss our differences peacefully

The opposite is unthinkable with revenge attacks happening ad infinitum because of this...

remarkable and commendable restraint shown by those witnesses who dragged the driver from his van and held him until Police arrived
Not quite.....he took an understandable beating initially,until a Muslim leader intervened and appealed for calm.Still,its remarkable the vast majority complied.

I am Asian.
Despite being a complete atheist, i have visited hindu temples, Sikh guru dwaras, Buddhist shrines, and i often visit churches in any European town i visit, to enjoy the architectures, stained glass and other art, etc.

Never ever have I seen such a weirdly scary, almost hive-mind like atmosphere. Could be just me, but i had honestly gone with an open mind to just enjoy sone food.
I live in Morocco, and here you can't even go in the mosques unless you're a Muslim. Except the big one. And even then, only at designated visiting hours.

I am Asian.

Fair enough, just reminded me of times when i'd got a similar feeling, but in reality i'd just misread it.

I don't feel comfortable in any place of worship to be honest, except a football stadium.

It cannot be a surprise that someone, somewhere would take matters into their own hands, is it? Copycat revenge is not exactly a new thing (an eye for an eye???), but the fact that everyday vehicles have been weaponized is not good news for anyone.

There are idiots and fanatics galore in the world. The question is whether the vast majority of civilized "normal" people will allow the furthest most outliers of society to define the other 99.9% of life in Britain? I don't think it will and this unfortunate event will, hopefully, allow both sides to come together and stop this "tit for tat" before it escalates.

In America, we have a gun problem, and it is usually right wingers touting their use and left wingers saying people shouldn't have them. Then, a left winger goes and shoots a Republican politician, thus turning the argument on its head. Now, Republicans are saying they "agree" with Liberals...Liberals shouldn't have guns. The pettiness here is ridiculous, so I hope Britons can rise above the divisiveness that the outliers will attempt and solve their problems, and this one in particular, like the civilized adults the world sees them as.

I live in hope.

I am Asian.

Were yer wearing one of Mario's chicken hats at the time?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.