Finsbury Park mosque attack

I live in Morocco, and here you can't even go in the mosques unless you're a Muslim. Except the big one. And even then, only at designated visiting hours.

The one in Casablanca? That one is truly something.

It's not uncommon for mosques to be barred to non-Muslims - I think the mud mosque in Djenne is like that, for example. On the other hand, I've been in both Sunni and Shia mosques in Damascus (the Shia one they came and welcomed us in as we weren't sure we were allowed), and also in Kuala Lumpur. It seems to be local custom rather than anything else.

Police on the scene IMMEDIATELY according to the top cop who gave the press statement. They were in the area already.

The next group turned up 10mins later. Quite frankly it's worrying that ppl on the ground there are spreading lies saying they didn't show for 45mins to an hour

I am Asian.
Despite being a complete atheist, i have visited hindu temples, Sikh guru dwaras, Buddhist shrines, and i often visit churches in any European town i visit, to enjoy the architectures, stained glass and other art, etc.

Never ever have I seen such a weirdly scary, almost hive-mind like atmosphere. Could be just me, but i had honestly gone with an open mind to just enjoy sone food.
Mate, I'm Muslim and I don't like the atmosphere in these places. It's not because you're a non Muslim that they seem to come across to you that way. The people that frequent and run these places are usually narrow minded dullards. They have self pious attitudes and are generally up there own arses and quick to criticise. They see religion as the defining factor in everything and so see themselves as superior for no other reason than that they are religious.
I don't like their attitudes so I don't go anymore. As a Muslim I am sorry you had this experience in a Muslim place of worship, but I'm not surprised.

Police on the scene IMMEDIATELY according to the top cop who gave the press statement. They were in the area already.

The next group turned up 10mins later. Quite frankly it's worrying that ppl on the ground there are spreading lies saying they didn't show for 45mins to an hour
The interview I heard didn't make it clear. He suggested that when it was clear that it was a terrorist incident, the response time was 10 minutes, but that it was initially reported as a traffic accident.

I have been to either this one or another nearby. The idea was to have some food, heard they had some interesting offers that were open to the public.

As a nonwhite immigrant i have been to churches, football matches, sunday fairs (often 99% of atttendees being white) and have always felt welcome.

This was the only occasion in Britain i felt intimidated and unwelcome.
And there was no question of bringing along the two women in our friends group (one white, one Indian). As far As i recall, this was many years back, they were either forbidden or required to "cover up" - the response from both ladies was obvious.
Any different to walking into a pub in North Wales?

Be interesting to see if the media portray this man for what he is. A terrorist. He's no better than the Manchester or London attackers. Hope the **** rots in prison.

Mate, I'm Muslim and I don't like the atmosphere in these places. It's not because you're a non Muslim that they seem to come across to you that way. The people that frequent and run these places are usually narrow minded dullards. They have self pious attitudes and are generally up there own arses and quick to criticise. They see religion as the defining factor in everything and so see themselves as superior for no other reason than that they are religious.
I don't like their attitudes so I don't go anymore. As a Muslim I am sorry you had this experience in a Muslim place of worship, but I'm not surprised.
A bit like most religions tbf mate, I don't believe in any of that nonsense if you do that's your right.

What i find really depressing is that a significant number of westernised muslim classmates, friends or colleagues i have who are educated professionals, are let down so badly by the press and politicians. They are basically left to fend fir themselves against tremendous social pressures from Orthodox elements.

The root cause of the problem is that instead of supporting the progressives who would drive reform they support instead the worst, most religious elements.

Just crazy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.