Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit I don't even know of any world class young foreign players who fit the mould... is there a foreign alternative available that anyone knows of? It's almost as if clubs stopped producing them.

Why is it that people on here w*"k over Levy as if he's some kind of genius business man?

The players he gets big money for are usually the outstanding players in Spurs' team who move on to better clubs. Why on earth wouldn't he be able to get top dollar for them? Modric, Berbatov, Bale, Carrick. All star performers in the team. Walker is no different. Best right back in country will goes for a big fee shocker.

Does anybody really believe that if we put Sergio or KDB up for sale tomorrow, Levy would get a better price than Txiki?

Our problem is shifting players we've overpaid for. Levy hasn't done any better when trying to shift their piss poor signings. Soldado and Paulinho spring to mind.

If we keep paying over the odds sooner or later it will hamstring us, the people saying it doesn't matter don't know this they are just blindly assuming the powers that be(at City) have everything in check. The question is if we do walk away will these people complain and say we should have "just paid it" or accept that we have to start spending intelligently and the powers that be at City decided this wasn't good value?
All depends on have you measure Value.

Why is it that people on here w*"k over Levy as if he's some kind of genius business man?

The players he gets big money for are usually the outstanding players in Spurs' team who move on the better clubs. Why on earth wouldn't he be able to get top dollar for them? Modric, Berbatov, Bale, Carrick. All star performers in the team. Walker is no different. Best right back in country will goes for a big fee shocker.

Does anybody really believe that if we put Sergio or KDB up for sale tomorrow, Levy would get a better price than Txiki?

Our problem is shifting players we've overpaid for. Levy hasn't done any better when trying to shift their piss poor signings. Soldado and Paulinho spring to mind.

Spurs would sell easier than City because our wage bill is significantly lower. Every Spurs player would go on to make a better coin whereas a lot of City players may have to take a pay cut. Levy is one of the better chairmen out there

Kolarov would be my first choice to move.
1) we'd have Mendy and Bertrand already.
2) Can make Adarabioyo the 4th CB
3) Mendy can play CB in a 3CB format even if one of our 3 senior CBS weren't available.

Bravo is 2nd" but that would actually require buying an English backup. With Kolarov, we don't need to replace him really.
Mate, what you're obviously missing is that your approach leads to shrinking of squad instead of giving more options to the staff. The price for Walker includes the opportunity to add 1 more player, what's so difficult to understand? That's alone worth 10-15m with current crazy prices.
Besides, the world doesn't end after this summer, we'll make more signings next year using the spots that are now held by Bravo, Kolarov, Yaya, Dinho and, hopefully, Ota. Replacing one of them now with a foreign alternative to Walker means less potential signings later.
I must admit I don't even know of any world class young foreign players who fit the mould... is there a foreign alternative that anyone knows of? It's almost as if clubs stopped producing them.
Depends on your definition of 'worldclass'. But I can name at least one young RB with superstar potential - Benjamin Henrichs. Unfortunately, unavailable right now.

Aurier, Sidibe are more or less equal to Walker, but HG player should be a priority, obviously.

If Walker is the best available right back, and if we need a right back. We should buy Walker.

Is the fee likely to be higher than most people think he is worth. Yes. But as has been said if not Walker then who? And if the money men say we can pay the fee, and if Pep thinks he's the one to get. What is the problem.

I like Walker and I think the money quoted is mental, but the current market is mental.

Levy is a good negotiator no doubt about that. Having said that is he shooting himself in the foot by asking for such a large amount for Walker? When Spurs go to approach the likes of Porto for their RB (and other clubs) surely they'll see the Walker transfer fee and look to increase the cost of their right-backs too?

Stones and sterling have age on their side, Bravo was 17 million euro so you're talking 15 million sterling a 1/3 of the walker price. Walker is worth no more than 25 million in today's market, simply add on 10 million due to his English passport and its a fair(ish) deal. £45 million is taking the mickey though.

Walker is worth more than 25m I am not sure why you think he's not. Are you telling me Stones should be worth that when he hits his peak in 3 years too?

Spurs would sell easier than City because our wage bill is significantly lower. Every Spurs player would go on to make a better coin whereas a lot of City players may have to take a pay cut. Levy is one of the better chairmen out there

Don't disagree mate. He does very well within the current Spurs setup. Simply pointing out that he isn't the mythical alchemist some of our fans think he is.

Be interesting to see how bigger money signings with bigger wages ,which Spurs are probably going to have to move towards in the next few years, will impact on how he operates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.