How to get to Islay/Scottish islands

Either fly via Glasgow.. or get a train to Glasgow, 3 hour bus journey to Kennacraig, then 2 hr ferry journey..

Yeah I don't think there's an easy way to do it - was just hoping someone could tell me what the least arduous option is!

Yeah I don't think there's an easy way to do it - was just hoping someone could tell me what the least arduous option is!

It's a beautiful journey. Chill and take it in. A Wee hip flask will make it even better. Arduous is going to your work in the pissing rain when your cars fucked.

This is a journey through a great wee country. Soak it in.

It's a beautiful journey. Chill and take it in. A Wee hip flask will make it even better. Arduous is going to your work in the pissing rain when your cars fucked.

This is a journey through a great wee country. Soak it in.
That's why ideally I would prefer not to fly as I'd love to get the ferry over - but wasn't sure what the best route is over land and sea

Not after they've reached Islay and downed its local produce

I was on a course a few years ago, and I bumped into a mate who I used to work with. Obviously we went out for a couple of beers, and at the end of the evening he confessed to having an unopened bottle of Bunnahabhain in his room. Well, I couldn't pass, so we went back for a nightcap. Unfortunately he only had a couple of half pint glasses, so he poured a couple of halves and we sat shooting the breeze and talking bollocks for a while. It was a struggle, but I got through my half, and I got up to go for a piss. When I came back he'd filled my glass. I had a sip, but my tilt switch had gone, so I made my excuses and left.

Anyhow, I got up the next morning feeling a little shabby when my phone started ringing very loudly. It was my mate, sounding quite distressed. "WTF happened last night?" he said. "Dunno. I left around 2"........

It turns out after I left he'd polished his glass off, then finished my leftovers. He woke up late, 30 minutes before his course was due to start, threw his clothes on, stepped into his shoes which were at the side of his bed........ and felt the cold liquid between his toes. It turns out he'd chundered in his shoes (without getting any on the floor). Not only that, he'd also shit in his bin and pissed in his wardrobe. He stopped drinking for a while after that night.

On an unrelated note, the outer Hebrides boast the shortest commercial flight in the world at just 47 seconds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westray_to_Papa_Westray_flight

6b87455a0f5a98eabe1f071fb4b6e5f8.png

I've done it 3 times normally set of about 8pm and drive through the night it's a hard slog but well worth it , this is the route we took !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.