Cinema Prices - Why Are They So Greedy?

BlueRon7

Why are cinemas so greedy with their pricing, cost of sweets, chocolate, popcorn and drinks when the cinema is always empty?

Surely it still costs them the same price to show a movie on the screen even if there was only 1 person in the cinema!?

Want to watch Wonder Woman, for the lovely Gal of course..

cinema's are strugging so are trying to make money where ever they can.

Surely that's the wrong approach though.. as if you get the cinema full at cheaper prices you'll make more money, not only on tickets but refreshments too !

Go to one of B&M/Poundland/Home Bargain/Poundworld on the way to the cinema and save yourself a small fortune

Are they allowed to bag search? knowing me I'd be the one to get caught ! I mean a woman's bag is different, they won't ask to search that.. but if I walk in with a backpack, it would look suspicious surely..

Surely that's the wrong approach though.. as if you get the cinema full at cheaper prices you'll make more money, not only on tickets but refreshments too !

Are they allowed to bag search? knowing me I'd be the one to get caught ! I mean a woman's bag is different, they won't ask to search that.. but if I walk in with a backpack, it would look suspicious surely..

I'd be pretty pissed off if I paid a tenner to watch a film and you pulled out a backpack that was full of sweets and chocolates and started to eat the lot

In theory yes, but they would have done some pretty intensive research on it, something like 1 person bying a hot dog at a fiver is better than 2 buy one at £2, they would have some very fine tuned data for it I guess.

To be honest most times i've been to the cinema recently we have just taken a tesco bag with of sanries, water and sweets ( we usually get in a good 20 mins early and eat before the film or trailers start ) in and they havn't been bothered. Not sure if places like the print works maybe stricter.

Yhp, Wittertainment Code of Conduct needs to be mandatory
giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.