Oliver Ntcham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, 7m seems weird by all accounts, that would be sensible if you'd pay something like that for Roberts, but not for Ntcham.

And as for your question, he actually got a bit of a chance after their managerial change, but in general it's Italy and Genoa, they have huge squads year after years with loads of loanees, I don't think it was their priority to play and improve him when they can loan similar players or someone with more experience for similar fees.

As for his attitude, only thing I can remember was his driving without a licence while he was in Italy, so maybe this affected his gametime too, or maybe there was even something more than that.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it and makes sense.

Looks like we're expecting to announce this today, fingers crossed.

I'm sorry but even for a team with the Standards of City that's actually a bad standard to go by. You should at least try to attain 1 first team player every year. If you aren't trying to push for that then what's the point of even having an academy. It just becomes a pointless revenue generator pitching false dreams to young players and then you won't have any young players that would want to go there.

Maybe every 5 years is a little excessive and should be every 3 years, I am talking about player who will not only come into the side but then say there for a number of years and classed as key players. Sure we should also be bringing through other guys who may do a job for a while but who ultimatly will get sold on.

We really should be looking to have one of the top 15 players in world football in very position, the likelyhood of them all coming through our academy is slim and so we will always be in the market for new players.

I saw him a couple of times on BT whilst he was playing for Genoa - I think he'll do well at Celtic

Of course they won't include the add ons when it makes us look better

just seen on the bbc that lukaku just sign for united for £75million and in the write up say another £15million in add-ons
but no total price of £90million hahahahaha what on earth is the world coming to if lukaku is worth £90million

I'm sorry but even for a team with the Standards of City that's actually a bad standard to go by. You should at least try to attain 1 first team player every year. If you aren't trying to push for that then what's the point of even having an academy.

Barcelona's golden generation was built on a player coming through and coming into the first team roughly every 2 years, so expecting one every year at this level is a tad ridiculous.

Xavi 97/98
Puyol 99/00
Valdes 02/03
Iniesta 04/05
Messi 06/07
Busquets 08/09
etc.

At best we would hope for 1 or 2 academy players to get their chance, i.e. 5-10 games in all comps, each season, and if we're lucky about 1in5 of those will manage to have a decent career in the first team.

just seen on the bbc that lukaku just sign for united for £75million and in the write up say another £15million in add-ons
but no total price of £90million hahahahaha what on earth is the world coming to if lukaku is worth £90million

I wanted us to sign him before Chelsea way back then but at a near 100m+ it is a joke, the worrying thing is, he will probably do well there feeding on the long balls over the top that they claim they don't do but blatantly pump up the pitch for 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.