Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right that's a bad disappointment and a set back. Only 3 things to do now:
1. Get the other "safe" deals sealed, especially Kyle Walker ASAP. You cannot trust a word.
2. Fuck you Alves. Actually this should be 1.
3. Reconsider who is backup to Walker (yes I think Alves was meant as back up). Worst case it will be Kolarov I guess. Not good.

The more I think about this the more pissed off I am that we've been caught with our pants down. The full back position is essential if we're to play the way Pep wants and whilst Walker could well adapt to it, Alves was the perfect fit.
We need to get our shit together - hopefully there's already a contingency plan in place.

As said, IF we had an agreement to sign Alves and PSG have had us over, either intentionally or unintentionally, I would think our owner in the present political situation is seriously pissed.
i don't think he drinks alcohol.

You forget we signed Bernardo? The three of them are more then good enough, could even add Roberts if he impresses in pre season. Sanchez is a luxury, full backs are vitally needed.

I do hope Roberts gets a chance.

Personally I feel we've dodged a bullet. He is 34 and never payed in the prem. Never warmed to him as a personality either, and couldn't even now due to his past remarks, as even if he didn't explicitly bash the club, he could've been wiser in how he handled himself.

I'd be more than happy to reasses our RB options totally, especially if Spurs start giving us shit over walker, who is another who is suspect defensively IMO. Would rather attempt a deal with benfica for semedo who will be cheaper and a younger alternative, plus benfica are a club used to selling and having his mate Ederson here can only help. I'd honestly even look at Grimaldo while there, as we'd potentially have 3/5 of Benficas defense from last season, hopefully in addition to Mendy.

This was Alves decision. Always look for the easiest explanation.
Obviously, but it seems like PSG made an offer he simply could not refuse, even if it meant the ending of his "friendships" with Pep and Tixixi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.