Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of how Arsenal fans must feel. They've missed out top top players, sold their best players. We've missed out on a 34 years old right back, who, remember, wouldn't have even been our first choice.

love a) how people think it was Alves or nobody and b) that we don't have the budget for our other targets without signing him
To ones saying relax, didn't want him, we can get other better players. The problems are as follows
1) He was FREE.
2) He Knows Pep's Style
3) He is a serial Winner
4) He could keep Walkers price down. Now Levy can ask whatever he wants. Even 70M.
5) There is no other fullback who can compliment and play at his level. All the ones available or we can buy is certainly below his, and likes of Carvajal and Fabinho and Kimmich isn't moving anywhere.

So you see missing on Alves was a big fucking mess.
this

Makes the guesswork of who our next RB target is more fun. Alves was a short-term opportunistic signing, would've been a good back-up & would bring plenty of experience, but he was hardly going to be a marquee signing.

Feel like if we'd signed a few players more recently people wouldn't be reacting so strongly to this, feel it's down to the recent drought in activity - now that the most likely transfer is off all the frustration is being released.

We'll get people signed.

Sanchez is an icing on cake type of signing. We already have GJ, Kun, Leroy, Raheem, Bernardo who can take care of the attacking side of things. People are worried because at this moment in time Maffeo and Angelino our our first choice Right and Left backs. Maybe Aleks would disagree.

Not sure on the source but looks like wage offers decided it.

PSG offered €8.7m more per year.

Very muggy by Alves who supposedly only wanted to leave Juve to play in England - obvs just thought with his wallet! However, so amateurish by us to let this slip through the net. Hope this is a one off and the other 'nailed on' transfers go through.

Right that's a bad disappointment and a set back. Only 3 things to do now:
1. Get the other "safe" deals sealed, especially Kyle Walker ASAP. You cannot trust a word.
2. Fuck you Alves. Actually this should be 1.
3. Reconsider who is backup to Walker (yes I think Alves was meant as back up). Worst case it will be Kolarov I guess. Not good.

Kolarov is not even a left back solution never mind right back

Right that's a bad disappointment and a set back. Only 3 things to do now:
1. Get the other "safe" deals sealed, especially Kyle Walker ASAP. You cannot trust a word.
2. Fuck you Alves. Actually this should be 1.
3. Reconsider who is backup to Walker (yes I think Alves was meant as back up). Worst case it will be Kolarov I guess. Not good.
You want the heavily left foot dependent, always played on the left side of the field Aleks Kolarov to deputise at RB?

As said, IF we had an agreement to sign Alves and PSG have had us over, either intentionally or unintentionally, I would think our owner in the present political situation is seriously pissed.

I think I am right in saying our owner is also the deputy PM of the UAE.

To emphasise my point - I don't think people who have the wherewithal to get into such positions of power, are swayed either way by a 34 year old right back choosing another club

I think you are over estimating the importance of this transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.