It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop just naming midfielders. Think.

Matuidi can't play on his own as a defensive midfielder. nor can Veratti. Nor can Rabiot.They would all be useless in our team unless to replace De Bruyne or Silva, because they can't replace Yaya.

Motta is 35 and they're trying to replace him.

IMO rabiot,matuidi,veratti could all play the holding role on there own

And played in our academy.

Another who would walk in.

Argument being, Paris are well stocked.

Correct, I agree with you entirely on that. We'd do well to make a run at Veratti but it seems we aren't working on the Def Mid this summer. Cept for Big Willie!!

I'd love Fabhino. No doubt about that either. Is it on the cards or just a hunch?

Matuidi can't play as a pivot, so you're either replacing De Bruyne or Silva with Matuidi and to quote Aguero, "I prefer no", and if Motta is still so good why are PSG desperately trying to replace him with Fabinho?

Because they plan to rotate the pair next season, just as we could here?

The wider argument for me is you are either a pivot or a defensive midfielder, you are no use to this current City team set-up taking just the responsibility of both.

He's exactly like Alves in terms of his best foot is forward.

Delph and Fernando will be moving on and as much as he now sees himself as midfielder, he knows his chances of making the Brazil squad are better served also getting opportunities at right-back.

It doesn't appear to stop him considering Paris, who are far better stocked than us in the central midfield base and now have Alves replacing a seemingly outgoing Aurier.
Also, if we had been planning Walker and Alves as the RBs then the loss of Alves hands the negotiating strength to Levy - and we all know how that will go.

If we sign Fabinho then we are no longer over a barrel and indeed might mean Levy has the problem. Fabinho can rotate in a few positions and develop into the DM from next year - I would also think that his national team manager could be very open to having a player that can play a number of positions well in the squad for the WC.

Seems to make a lot of sense to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.