Neymar

I obviously didn't mean throw him in for free, i meant agree to sell him to Barcelona for whatever they both feel is his value. I know they would be meeting his release clause and couldn't reject the bid, doesn't mean they can't do anything to stop it happening though. they could make it very hard, perhaps even near impossible if they don't want to lose him and don't see enough in it for them.
How exactly do you propose Barca make it "very hard, perhaps even near impossible"?

Barca have absolutely no control over any aspect of this once the minimum fee is paid. That's just the way it is.

How exactly do you propose Barca make it "very hard, perhaps even near impossible"?

Barca have absolutely no control over any aspect of this once the minimum fee is paid. That's just the way it is.

For a start, they could simply offer him a new contract and increase the buyout substantially. I can't imagine Neymar is overly desperate on leaving Barca for PSG at this stage in his career. A few more years and once Messi declines he becomes the star man there, it would take Barca telling him they want to sell him for him to leave. Barca only don't have any control over it if Neymar is absolutely determined to leave and is willing to shit on them to do so. There's no inclination that's the case

If they give him a 10yr contract it works out at 20.2m a season so they would be fine with ffp rules also they will probably rake in €100 on outgoings.

Doesn't always work out like that, does it?

The clubs agree between themselves when instalments will be paid.

The contract terms/length would mean absolutely nothing to Barcelona. You can't be like 'you're not getting all the money soon because we're stretching it out over a mega long contract lol'.

Doesn't always work out like that, does it?

The clubs agree between themselves when instalments will be paid.

The contract terms/length would mean absolutely nothing to Barcelona. You can't be like 'you're not getting all the money soon because we're stretching it out over a mega long contract lol'.

That's got nothing to do with FFP. The cost on the books is the fee divided by the length of the contract regardless of how you pay it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.