Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I stated he's stagnated awfully, For £30 million we'd be hoping that he can become decent again and regain his Porto form under Pep while playing back up/rotating with Walker? Can't see it myself as it's too much of a similar situation to his situation at Real Madrid right now.

As for Maffeo, I have no problem with him being on loan at Girona and I don't think he's the answer that a lot of people think he is at the minute.

30 million is the going rate is it not? Since the Alves debacle, people are almost saying give me any RB signing as that'll do and it reeks of desperation.

As for who else is available, Perreira would be in with a shout surely? Karsdrop was available for €14 million, wasn't he?

Chelsea will be replacing Moses with Danilo won't they? That makes sense for them as he'd be an upgrade as we'd be signing him to be back up to Walker and rotate with him.
Every fullback that has moved to a top club this season has moved for 30 million or less. Yet, folks are trying hard to convince themselves 30 million is fair for a backup.

Its mind boggling the mental gymnastics our fans want to go thru. If you don't give a shit what we pay, great. I respect that. But its folks trying to convince themselves 30 million is fair for a backup is just laughable. I mean, Real is about to make a profit on a guy they overpaid for, and who wasn't good enough for them.

Its like us pinning off Bony for 30 million. Its insane.

Anyway. :(

He's just bought a 26 year old for £30m in his position.

He's not saying Maffeo needs a year in La Liga, he's saying "I'm spending £90m on fullbacks so I don't have to think about the position for the rest of my time at City".

This isn't a "see you in a year, Pablo" moment, this is a, "we no longer have an opening in your position, please accumulate some value in Spain so you fetch us a decent fee" decision.

Which is of course the correct decision given Pep has clearly decided he isn't good enough.

He's not making it, if he was we wouldn't be signing Danillo. So let's make some money out of him.

Just because you think Maffeo deserves a chance doesn't mean Pep does. He looked, he's took stock, he's made his decision.

He's out

I don't know if you three were being intentionally obtuse but it was pretty obvious @Hamsterdam95 was talking about Sancho moving away because players like Maffeo - who could play understudy to Walker - don't get chances in situations like this.
You really could have been nicer with this response :)

Which is of course the correct decision given Pep has clearly decided he isn't good enough.

He's not making it, if he was we wouldn't be signing Danillo. So let's make some money out of him.

Just because you think Maffeo deserves a chance doesn't mean Pep does. He looked, he's took stock, he's made his decision.

He's out

And players like Jadon Sancho will follow him out the door.

Every fullback that has moved to a top club this season has moved for 30 million or less. Yet, folks are trying hard to convince themselves 30 million is fair for a backup.

Its mind boggling the mental gymnastics our fans want to go thru. If you don't give a shit what we pay, great. I respect that. But its folks trying to convince themselves 30 million is fair for a backup is just laughable. I mean, Real is about to make a profit on a guy they overpaid for, and who wasn't good enough for them.

Its like us pinning off Bony for 30 million. Its insane.

Anyway. :(
Danilo has been average to poor for real, but has two ucl medals and a la liga win in his back pocket. Don't compare him to bony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.