Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a bit embarrassed that we are spending that much on a back-up RB. And despite it not working out in Madrid. Is by all accounts a highly rated talent.

If we sign Mendy and Bertrand as well. We will have spent about 150m on FB's this season.

I don't think that you should look at him as just a backup right-back. He is extremely versatile in that he can play at left-back and probably also as a CDM. Bear in mind that Fernando looks to be on his way out. Danilo could function as backup/rotation at both fullback positions and CDM. He'd get plenty of game time and it would be significantly less expensive than signing three individual "backup" players. This could pave the way for a *big money* signing like Mbappe or Neymar. I don't believe for one second that City will just watch Neymar walk toward PSG without putting up an almighty fight.

Why do you care about the price again? I can never really remember.
O wish I could tell you. Its the way I care when Debryune fails o pass it to an open man or Aguero floffs a gilt edge chance or Otamendi has a brain fart
Even if we still win the game, I still worry about that miss, that fart, that poor decision. I do because it is either a marker for the future, or an opportuniry to correct for the future.

I care about all aspects of City players. From recruitment, to performance.

Sadly, I think most do too. They just pretend not to. How do I know? Coz when the "Pogba cost those fukkers 100 million compared to 21 million for Ilkay" discussion comes up, a lot of the I don't care folks are always in attendance.

Not to mention, when we pay 43 million for a rising Bernado the "its a bargain" crew cannot applaud it enough. And rightfully so.

I just happen to do both sides. Applaud when it's great and shake my head when it seems excessive.

But here is the kicker, I don't even flap until someone pretends its some bargain. So why I'm the one go gets flak beats me. If it doesn't matter either way, give as much flak to the guys who love discussing bargains too, no?

My colleague is a Spaniard and a Madrid fan and he's absolutely delighted with €30m for this guy.

Bet they do. He will always play second fiddle there. £26.9m is about OK price for us, for a versatile player who did play a part in their CL win two seasons ago. In Brazil he has also been below the pecking order after Alves. But watching him it's easy to see that he's a flair player who has creativity in spades.

Tall and has speed to get in the box, and dribbles and crosses. I bet he will be a success in the league.

You mean like thiago, sane, ousmane dembele, mbappe and weigl just to name a few?

Players who proved they are good enough at the top level because they were given the chance to play there yes... you can't definitively say someone is or isn't good enough to play at the top level until they are given the chance...Bojan was a monster at youth level, what's he up to these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.