Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the agreed plan where he was being followed by most top clubs in europe, agreed to sign a new deal at City with the promise of first team involvement but we fucked him off on loan because Pellegrini's boy Demichelis didn't get a move.

Another great advert for persuading young players to sign up in the future.

We have give him 1st team involvement no other club in premier has done this with a lad who was 16 at the time personally he is great prospect but Foden and Diaz are just as good.

What does the club gain by behaving so recklessly with youth development?

New flashy signings = happy new fans, shirt sales, maybe more chance of immediate success, more column inches

It's sad that so many long term fans are jumping on the bandwagon that new £50m players are essential for us to perform well and that if academy players aren't playing then it ust be because they aren't good enough.

New flashy signings = happy new fans, shirt sales, maybe more chance of immediate success, more column inches

It's sad that so many long term fans are jumping on the bandwagon that new £50m players are essential for us to perform well and that if academy players aren't playing then it ust be because they aren't good enough.

Why invest in the academy then?

What does the club gain by behaving so recklessly with youth development?

Absolutely nothing, just potentially putting off kids coming here in the future & gaining a reputation in football for not giving kids a chance, which our enemies are jumping on, with glee & making sure it gets around.

Even if Sancho signs, it won't go away. Once we become a target for other clubs to steal players, they will all be at it.

Dead easy to fix. Just start giving kids a few mins here & there & reward any that perform well, with more time. Suddenly we will have a good percentage of kids involved the job is solved.

Leave it much longer & the rag machine will give us a rep that sticks.

Many on here are totally blasé, in fact raggishly arrogant about our academy. But plenty of us have been warning for years how this is coming. It will not stop with Sancho.

I'd imagine the first team performances in recent seasons have been way below the level expected, and thus the progression of the academy has lulled as well. It's easier to introduce young players when you're playing really well (or really terribly) but we've been in middling ground where we've not really been confident of killing any game off early.

There's also the income that the academy generates. Talk of Sancho bringing in £6m if he leaves and that's with never signing a pro contract. We've made tons on Unal and potentially Iheanacho this window. I personally don't want our academy to turn into a factory though - we should be aiming for quality rather than quantity.

Absolutely nothing, just potentially putting off kids coming here in the future & gaining a reputation in football for not giving kids a chance, which our enemies are jumping on, with glee & making sure it gets around.

Even if Sancho signs, it won't go away. Once we become a target for other clubs to steal players, they will all be at it.

Dead easy to fix. Just start giving kids a few mins here & there & reward any that perform well, with more time. Suddenly we will have a good percentage of kids involved the job is solved.

Leave it much longer & the rag machine will give us a rep that sticks.

Many on here are totally blasé, in fact raggishly arrogant about our academy. But plenty of us have been warning for years how this is coming. It will not stop with Sancho.

I don't see why we invested so heavily in an academy and a global youth focused scouting network if ultimately there isn't a motivation at the club to give these younger players first team minutes.

Why do you think? Its a business in the long run it will make us a lot of money give players an education if they don't succeed at football and if they dont make our team they will play football with another club in premier lower leagues or in Europe, with the standards we set I'll say the majority of our academy players will be playing professional football for a club.

I'd imagine the first team performances in recent seasons have been way below the level expected, and thus the progression of the academy has lulled as well. It's easier to introduce young players when you're playing really well (or really terribly) but we've been in middling ground where we've not really been confident of killing any game off early.

There's also the income that the academy generates. Talk of Sancho bringing in £6m if he leaves and that's with never signing a pro contract. We've made tons on Unal and potentially Iheanacho this window. I personally don't want our academy to turn into a factory though - we should be aiming for quality rather than quantity.

If that is the vision of the academy then at least we know. It's a vehicle for creating additional revenue and not Manchester City first teamers.

We have give him 1st team involvement no other club in premier has done this with a lad who was 16 at the time personally he is great prospect but Foden and Diaz are just as good.

I'm talking about Denayer.

First team involvement requires minutes on the pitch & Sancho has to earn that. Nothing wrong so far, with how we have treated Sancho the problem is that he should be convinced City is the best place for him, with all the investment we have put in, but he is either wavering, or going.

I don't think a kid wavers, if he's convinced he has a shot at playing for Pep Guardiola in the near future.

But if he looks at people like Barker & Denayer, who performed to.the highest level without getting a sniff, why not go somewhere else ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.