Welcome Danilo

As a blue who used to get really excited by us signing people like Clive Allen and Steve McMahon, I really like it that we are buying players off Real madrid

It's what many of us have been demanding of the club for three years. Every Summer I've said that full backs have to be number one priority, only to see us sign no full backs at all. Since Richards left we haven't had one with a 2 at the start of his age.

I don't care who else we sign now, we've taken care of the number one priority of the last three years!

Mendy will be in the US tomorrow, Walker, Danilo and Fernandinho will be the four IMO
Don't think we will need a fourth (Fernandinho), except in an emergency. I think that many, many (every?!) teams will play a 4-5-1 against us, and I can see where we might play a 3-4-3/3-5-2/3-6-1 in some games, with Stones, Kompany, Otamendi across the back. The permutations with this squad are mind boggling, which is going to require some serious coaching and some technical nous on the part of the players to adapt once, twice, maybe even three times per game.

The future is Blue!

200.gif
A pussy that rubs itself! Every woman's dream! :-O

Don't think we will need a fourth (Fernandinho), except in an emergency. I think that many, many (every?!) teams will play a 4-5-1 against us, and I can see where we might play a 3-4-3/3-5-2/3-6-1 in some games, with Stones, Kompany, Otamendi across the back. The permutations with this squad are mind boggling, which is going to require some serious coaching and some technical nous on the part of the players to adapt once, twice, maybe even three times per game.

The future is Blue!

I love 3 at the back just not with stones and otamendi in there

I love 3 at the back just not with stones and otamendi in there
Believe it or not, with the way Pep prefers to play (flying full backs), it creates a problem for him in midfield, because he is playing an "extra" defender, unless, of course, he benches his FBs! However, it helps him play 2 upfront and three (Silva/KDB/Bernardo type) midfielders, even if he has flying wingers. Don't forget, in Pep's set up, his "flying FBs" can also be the two wingers when he has three CBS at the back.

Exciting times ahead!

I was thinking maybe 12.

1 + 2 = 3 because he can play both full-backs.
Surely, then, it would be 5?! (2+3) oh, and it's taken! :-)

Maybe him and Mendy will battle it out to see who gets 23???????

3 is available for Mendy, but then who on earth plays 2-4-5-3 across the back anymore? :-)
If only Bravo was gone before Ederson showed up! Maybe a 1-5 back line would have been a first since the squad numbering system happened?!

Believe it or not, with the way Pep prefers to play (flying full backs), it creates a problem for him in midfield, because he is playing an "extra" defender, unless, of course, he benches his FBs! However, it helps him play 2 upfront and three (Silva/KDB/Bernardo type) midfielders, even if he has flying wingers. Don't forget, in Pep's set up, his "flying FBs" can also be the two wingers when he has three CBS at the back.

Exciting times ahead!

In theory stones should be good right of the 3 but he still has a lot to learn, otamendi is a loose canon and slow. I'm old school I like my defenders to defend properly first and foremost. If they can play a bit then great but it shouldn't be the first consideration.

Surely, then, it would be 5?! (2+3) oh, and it's taken! :-)

Maybe him and Mendy will battle it out to see who gets 23???????

3 is available for Mendy, but then who on earth plays 2-4-5-3 across the back anymore? :-)
If only Bravo was gone before Ederson showed up! Maybe a 1-5 back line would have been a first since the squad numbering system happened?!

23 is retired, as it was Marc Vivien Foé's squad number.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.