Can we win the title this season?

We should be a lot closer in winning the title than we have been. The only hurdle we have to overcome is refereeing decisions.

Last edited:
Anything other than winning the league is completely unacceptable

If the transfer window shut today that would be the case without a doubt. Let's see what other clubs do though. If we have a season like the last couple regardless it will be a disaster. I have very high hopes we will get 2 trophies next year.

If the transfer window shut today that would be the case without a doubt. Let's see what other clubs do though. If we have a season like the last couple regardless it will be a disaster. I have very high hopes we will get 2 trophies next year.
Think if we dont win it and win it easy it will be a bit of an embarasment .granted other teams have spent well but if the players we bought are halfe as good as we are told i think we will win it and do well in Champions League

The first eleven is a match for any team in the world.

But what about

- 2nd choice LB
- 4th choice CB
- 2nd choice DM (and dont say yaya or gundogan can stand in for Fernandinho)
- LW ( Please let it be Sanchez)

squad still does look a little unbalanced.

The first eleven is a match for any team in the world.

But what about

- 2nd choice LB
- 4th choice CB
- 2nd choice DM (and dont say yaya or gundogan can stand in for Fernandinho)
- LW ( Please let it be Sanchez)

squad still does look a little unbalanced.

dont think we have a proper defensive midfielder, Yaya, Ilkay and Ferny are Central midfielders with an attacking emphasis to their play.

Ferny has tried to be used as a DM but gets too many cards and discipline isnt great in that role. Fernando is the only DM but isnt at the level we need.

Think we need a proper DM like in that Makelele role, but in the way Kante has evolved the role. Bakayoko would have been my choice but hey ho ...

It'll be tougher than last year cos more teams have improve. We have to integrate 6 new players & they all have to settle.

We started the last 2 seasons in blockbuster fashion but fizzled at the first sign of pressure. It's not an easy thing to win.

CITY by 8 points it is then !!

It's pretty finely balanced. Until Chelsea bought Morata, they looked considerably weaker than last season, only strengthening their strongest point, CB. One signing and they look pretty good, now Batshuayi is looking like the player they bought too.

Liverpool don't seem to have improved much, but if they actually get VVD or Keita then they'll be right up there with the favourites.

And so on. I think a similar start to last season will be necessary, just hope the deeper, younger squad will be able to carry the momentum past October.
Let's see how they get on playing all those extra games! Do they have the squad depth!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.