Realistic starting 11 and squad for next season

Prediction for the pre derby briefing in the home dressing room at the swamp

"Right lads. Unfortunately our plan A failed, as the ref last week forgot to send Aguero off. It's disappointing and I'm sure David will be having a word so it doesn't happen again. Not to worry though. Plan B is Simple. Stop Aguero. That's all there is to it...oh and I want two of you on Silva at all times."

"Yes boss...ermm...which one boss?"

"What?"

"Which Silva boss?"

"They have two now?"

"Yes boss...the really good one they had, and ermm the really good one they got from Monaco...the one I always pick on FIFA 17"

"Alright Ander..don't go overboard, you and Poggers better double up on both of them"

"Wouldn't we need 4 of us to do that boss?"

"Are you questioning me Poggers?"

"No boss, sorry boss"

"Would it help if I used my elbows boss"

"Good thinking, but might be wasted Felony...will go over the tricky little fu#er's heads...save them for the bigger players"

"Good thinking boss"

"Right...let's go and beat the noisy bastards'

"Ermm...boss?"

"Yes Poggers"

"What about De Bruyne?"

"Don't worry about him"

"But he ripped us a new arsehole here last year boss?"

"Listen lads...he got lucky. He's shit. I sold him at Chelsea. I only sell shit players"

"What was that boss?"

"Sorry Romelu...except you of course...i wouldn't spend £90M on someone shit, right?"

"What are you all looking at me for?"

"Just admiring your new hair cut Poggers, didn't mean anything by it"

"right, come on lads...less of this bickering, let's beat this pile of...what?"

"Ermm boss?"

"Yes Antonio"

"Any suggestions as to my game plan today at right back boss? I'm a bit nervous".

"Use your pace to stop them getting in behind"

"Oh right..ermm..but they've got Mendy and Sane playing boss?'

"They're slow and shit, don't worry about it"

"Ok boss"

"Right lads...it's time we showed these..what, what is it Eric?"

"Sorry boss...sorry to interrupt, but you haven't mentioned Jesus boss...what are we supposed to do with Jesus?"

"You daft prick...they let him go back to Spain. Never rated him anyway...anyway, as I was saying, it's time we showed these...what Eric, what is it now!?"

"Ermm sorry boss, but I meant Gabriel Jesus."

"Eric. They paid £27M for him. He can't be that good."

"right boss"

"Ok, right lads, I want you to show the old Trafford sheep..sorry faithful, how to play against this...what, what now?

"Sorry boss, but who's playing left back?"

"What?"

"Which of us do you want to play left back boss. It's just that, well they have Walker...and he's quicker than any of us...and he's bigger...and so we were wondering who's playing left back"

"Shaw is...right lads, let's show...oh ffs..what is it now?"

"Sorry boss...it's just that, well it's just that Shaw saw Walkers name on the team sheet, as well as Jesus and Aguero, and, and....well he's binge eating cup cakes in the canteen, rocking back and forth and singing nursery rhymes to himself?

"Oh right...well in that case... Felony you play left back. Sharpen your elbows"

"Yes boss"

"Right lads. Let's go and give them a footballing lesson"

"yes boss!!"

"Right lads. Unfortunately our plan A failed, as the ref last week forgot to send Aguero off. It's disappointing and I'm sure David will be having a word so it doesn't happen again. Not to worry though. Plan B is Simple. Stop Aguero. That's all there is to it...oh and I want two of you on Silva at all times."

"What?"

"Which Silva boss?"

"They have two now?"

"Yes boss...the really good one they had, and ermm the really good one they got from Monaco...the one I always pick on FIFA 17"

"Alright Ander..don't go overboard, you and Poggers better double up on both of them"

"No boss, sorry boss"

"Good thinking, but might be wasted Felony...will go over the tricky little fu#er's heads...save them for the bigger players"

"Good thinking boss"

"Ermm...boss?"

"Yes Poggers"

"What about De Bruyne?"

"Don't worry about him"

"Listen lads...he got lucky. He's shit. I sold him at Chelsea. I only sell shit players"

"What was that boss?"

"Sorry Romelu...except you of course...i wouldn't spend £90M on someone shit, right?"

"Ermm boss?"

"Yes Antonio"

"Any suggestions as to my game plan today at right back boss? I'm a bit nervous".

"Ok boss"

"Sorry boss...sorry to interrupt, but you haven't mentioned Jesus boss...what are we supposed to do with Jesus?"

"You daft prick...they let him go back to Spain. Never rated him anyway...anyway, as I was saying, it's time we showed these...what Eric, what is it now!?"

"right boss"

"Ok, right lads, I want you to show the old Trafford sheep..sorry faithful, how to play against this...what, what now?

"What?"

"Which of us do you want to play left back boss. It's just that, well they have Walker...and he's quicker than any of us...and he's bigger...and so we were wondering who's playing left back"

"Sorry boss...it's just that, well it's just that Shaw saw Walkers name on the team sheet, as well as Jesus and Aguero, and, and....well he's binge eating cup cakes in the canteen, rocking back and forth and singing nursery rhymes to himself?

"Oh right...well in that case... Felony you play left back. Sharpen your elbows"

"Yes boss"

"yes boss!!"

Loved reading that.

Goalkeepers: Claudio Bravo, Ederson Moraes, Aro Muric
Defenders: Danilo, Vincent Kompany, Iñigo Martínez, Benjamin Mendy, Nicolás Otamendi, John Stones, Kyle Walker
Midfielders: Kevin De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Phil Foden, Ilkay Gündogan, Bernardo Silva, David Silva, Yaya Touré
Forwards: Sergio Agüero, Gabriel Jesus, Kylian Mbappé, Leroy Sané, Raheem Sterling

This would be almost unstoppable.

Ederson

Walker
Kompany
Otamendi
Mendy

Gundogan
Silva
De Bruyne

B.Silva
Aguero
Sane

Bravo, Stones, Danilo, Fernandinho, Yaya, Sterling, Jesus.

I don't see Gundogan playing as DM/pivot in the forseeable future, probably not this season. Its asking too much to expect him to return from such a serious injury and make what is a major positional change at the same time. If he had been fully rehabed for pre season, worked in training with the team playing as pivot, played the pre season games in that role, then fair enough, he probably has the attributes for the role. But if he isnt ready to play until after the season starts then he will need to be phased back gradually, initially making appearences off of the bench etc. It will be much more practical to do that if he's playing in his existing position.

Once the season is underway with Fernandhino, Yaya and possibly Danilio playing as DM/pivot then I could only see us switching to Gundogan if we clearly had a major problem.

"What?"

"Which Silva boss?"

"They have two now?"

"No boss, sorry boss"

"Good thinking boss"

"Ermm...boss?"

"Yes Poggers"

"What about De Bruyne?"

"Don't worry about him"

"What was that boss?"

"Ermm boss?"

"Yes Antonio"

"Ok boss"

"right boss"

"What?"

"Yes boss"

"yes boss!!"
Class, made me lol.

we have 18 players that pep wants.

ederson,bravo
walker,danilo,mendy
kompany,stones,otamendi
fernandinho,toure,gundogan
De Bruyne,silva,silva
sane,sterling,jesus,aguero

i think another 2 to come,20 first team squad players.

sell/loan mangala,denayer,fernando,delph,nasri,bony,keleci.

we have 18 players that pep wants.

ederson,bravo
walker,danilo,mendy
kompany,stones,otamendi
fernandinho,toure,gundogan
De Bruyne,silva,silva
sane,sterling,jesus,aguero

i think another 2 to come,20 first team squad players.

sell/loan mangala,denayer,fernando,delph,nasri,bony,keleci.

Those players would make a very good top half premiership team, a owner could make a killing with those guys and the price you could get them at.

I'm hoping we start to phase in the 3-4-3 next season

Ederson

Stones Kompany Otamedi

Walker Fernandinho Silva Mendy

De Bryune

Aguero Jesus

or

Ederson

Stones Kompany Otamedi

Sterling Gundogan Toure Sane

Bernado Aguero Jesus

an embarrassment of riches!

God knows what our team will be. Its so hard as i keep missing players out squads too good.

I think the ones who will always start if 100% fit are

Mendy
Kompany
Kdb
Gundogan
David silva
Sane

The rest will depend on who were playing

Imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.