Realistic starting 11 and squad for next season

I mean we didn't have the depth we have now but we chopped and changed nearly every game last season and we weren't very successful, until near the end where our team was more consistent as were our results.

Chelsea on the other hand kept the same 11 when possible and walked the league.

As I said in my original post some blues wouldn't get it.
Chelsea were not in the Champions league.
They will rotate this year, pep will change the team every game.

Ederson

Walker
Kompany
Otamendi
Mendy

Gundogan
Silva
De Bruyne

B.Silva
Aguero
Sane

Bravo, Stones, Danilo, Fernandinho, Yaya, Sterling, Jesus.

I am wondering if Pep will change his usual formation of a 4 - 3 - 3 and perhaps go for a 3 - 2 - 3 - 2

............Ederson................
...Danilo..Kompany..Stones.
.Walker...................Mendy..
.....Silva.....KDB......Sane.....
...Jesus............Aguero.......

That leaves Silva, Sterling, Yaya, Fernandinho and Gundogan on the bench. The permuations are ridiculous he can literally play whatever formation he wants to suit against any opposition and have real quality in every position.........just wow!

I think I'm most excited about our rotation up front during games. Suppose we started with Bernardo, Sterling, Sane and Jesus in 4 of the 5 outright attacking roles. All 4 are very capable wingers but all play in very different ways. Sterling and Sane are more likely to go past you with pace, Bernardo and Sane are predominantly left footed, Bernardo's more likely to pass, Jesus more likely to take a shot, etc. Then you could throw in someone like De Bruyne who wouldn't attack a fullback at all but is deadly if you stand off him and let him pick out a cross. Opposition full backs must be bricking themselves, and that's before you add in the possibility of Sanchez or unknown quantity of Roberts.

_________________Ederson______________

Walker____Kompany_______Ota_____Mendy

__________________Yaya________________

Silva_____________________________KDB

Bernardo_______Aguero_________Sane

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.