It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this summer is huge for Sterling.

Suddenly pressure of the price tag is gone. £50m is standard now.

He's going to be a big player next year in my view.

I think if we get either or both, we'll be 3 at the back all season to accomodate them all as best we can.

It might not work though.

Imo if we go for both, it's simply because we've promised Sanchez we'll try to buy him.

Mbappe won't be signed with a short term plan in mind, he'd just be signed because of what he is & worry about the consequences afterwards.

If it upsets someone, it's unfortunate but it had to be done.

Aguero has an exit plan is my guess, & he will be gone back to Argentina in the near future, so.this could be his last season.

I was absolutely hammered for saying Sergio might leave this summer if we get our intended targets.

Do people still think Sergio would accept a diminished role. I just can't see it?

I certainly can. He would still play a lot of games, break the scoring record and probably win a few trophies, possibly even the CL by the time the CL gets serious I'm sure the squad will be much more in sync.

He could then go back to Argentina an even bigger legend than he already is. This looks like the better option for me. The alternative is signing a 3/4 year contract that will extend his stay in Europe, probably far longer than he originally planned. Can only see him willing to switch clubs if Barca come in for him which I think would be unlikely.

The more competition the better, we saw Aguero push himself even further when Jesus was fit, personally think he can go up another level if fully focused and determined.

I certainly can. He would still play a lot of games, break the scoring record and probably win a few trophies, possibly even the CL by the time the CL gets serious I'm sure the squad will be much more in sync.

He could then go back to Argentina an even bigger legend than he already is. This looks like the better option for me. The alternative is signing a 3/4 year contract that will extend his stay in Europe, probably far longer than he originally planned. Can only see him willing to switch clubs if Barca come in for him which I think would be unlikely.

The more competition the better, we saw Aguero push himself even further when Jesus was fit, personally think he can go up another level if fully focused and determined.

Aguero is the only nailed on proven certainty of the whole forward line, in that you know what you will get. Sanchez would be the second most reliable.

The rest, including Mbappe, are kids, who we hope, live up to their talent. Not nailed on proven performers.

It would be a huge gamble, to release Aguero & rely on newly signed kids. Borderline madness imo.

Aguero is the only nailed on proven certainty of the whole forward line, in that you know what you will get. Sanchez would be the second most reliable.

The rest, including Mbappe, are kids, who we hope, live up to their talent. Not nailed on proven performers.

It would be a huge gamble, to release Aguero & rely on newly signed kids. Borderline madness imo.

That makes the assumption that he's at his peak. I don't think he is. I think there are signs he is past his best already.

As much as I'd love to see us lining up with Mbappe, Jesus and Sane/Sanchez I think it would be the wrong move to get rid of Aguero, getting rid of the best striker in the league and one of the best in the world I can't come round to, Mbappe probably will be class but I still wouldn't swap him for Aguero.

I know people will say that Mbappe is for the future and we could potentially get years out of him but I don't think Aguero's done yet. Next season maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.