It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
We probably need 8-9 attacking players... I'd rate their importance as.

1. Sanchez (if we get him his all round drive will help us win more games)
2. Aguero (if he stays he's still be most likely top scorer)
3. Mbappe (if he comes he should be a good finisher but under a lot of pressure)
4. Jesus (has the knack to cause huge trouble all round for the opposition)
5. Bernardo (I think he'll be immense)
6. Silva (he makes us tick)
7. Sane (hoping this season is big for him)
8. KDB (would be top if he could retain the ball like Silva/Bernardo can)
9. Sterling (if he could just finish more he'd be immense)
10. Foden or another youth player could hopefully play a part.

Who'd go? Not Aguero imo. Sterling would make more sense. Even if on loan until Aguero was gone.

But I doubt if we'll get the 2 new guys anyway so it might not be required to let anyone go.

Last edited:
Sergio won't go,he is a handful of goals away from being our top scorer,the team pep is building is capable of winning the league and maybe the CL,he has come to far to miss out on that,kids are inconsistant and he is still our main man

3. Mbappe (if he comes he should be a good finisher but under a lot of pressure)

Who'd go? Not Aguero imo. Sterling would make more sense. Even if on loan until Aguero was gone.

But I doubt if we'll get the 2 new guys anyway so it might not be required to let anyone go.
It's staggering to see how low Sterling is perceived. Granted I feel I can finish better than him at times but during the first 3-4 months of last season he was our most consistent performer. He'll have dips but I truly believe he's world class now you don't get to 32 caps at 22 if you're not. I think he's growing in stature at the club and country.

It's staggering to see how low Sterling is perceived. Granted I feel I can finish better than him at times but during the first 3-4 months of last season he was our most consistent performer. He'll have dips but I truly believe he's world class now you don't get to 32 caps at 22 if you're not. I think he's growing in stature at the club and country.
I think it's just a confidence issue with him. He gets booed when he just gets the ball, so I think he'd be pretty hesitant to take a shot or try to make a pass to hear even more booing.

Sergio won't go,he is a handful of goals away from being our top scorer,the team pep is building is capable of winning the league and maybe the CL,he has come to far to miss out on that,kids are inconsistant and he is still our main man

What a buy, what a man, what a player and what a legend.
Eric Brook cant wait to stand aside, we need a statue for when he does go.
Agueroooo, fook what a legend and history maker.

Where would you put him in the list though?

I agree that if he could finish better and was a tad more consist in his decision making he'd be world class ...but at the moment?

I guess you could argue the same about Sane and even KDB or Jesus too. But I think the consensus is that they are more likely to reach their full potentials.

Sterling is association grown, going nowhere.

Sterling is association grown, going nowhere.
Would you keep all the attacking players then? If not who'd go for you?

(If Silva wasn't so damned good it could make sense for it to be him but he just keeps chuggin....just like Aguero just keeps scoring)

Stirling needs the composure to finish, and sometimes the urgency to get a shot off with either foot when getting closed down. I think Pep will need to see improvement.

I'm not overly fussed about Sanchez and much less so about neymar! I think we have enough and would prefer to stick with aguero and Jesus. Mbappe is too young and too similar to Jesus. I think whoever takes him at that price is taking a massive risk, smart move would be to stick with what we have. Hopefully he stays at Monaco and we can see next summer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.