Diabetes

What I would do is keep carbs to a minimum look up a ketogenic diet basically you change from a sugar burner to a fat burner, it's not all about calories in calories out hormones like leptin, Grehlin and insulin play a huge role in weight control. Get plenty of quality sleep, stress raises cortisol levels which can also raise blood sugars.

I would invest in a glucose meter, start recording your fasting blood sugar then 1/2 hours post meal. Record what you you've eaten and see what foods are spiking your sugars then eliminate or restrict them.

I use a glucose meter and judging by most of the replies on this thread I am eating too many carbs, I don't eat processed meat at all and no sugar that isn't in the food I eat already. But I am obviously doing something wrong and I need to rectify it. My diet is mainly vegetarian with meat maybe once a week I think I will change that and introduce a little more meat into my diet going out for a walk after my main meal, then test myself a week into the change.

You could buy a glucose monitor and keep a close eye on it. You have to be careful particularly if on meds as some more likely to cause hypos and this can be a problem if you drive.

The Newcastle diet is hard but having seen the result of badly controlled Diabetes- If I got diagnosed with it I would do anything to get rid of it (ideally without Meds- although if it wasn't getting reversed meds might be the only option).

What area of medicine you in mate endo?

I use a glucose meter and judging by most of the replies on this thread I am eating too many carbs, I don't eat processed meat at all and no sugar that isn't in the food I eat already. But I am obviously doing something wrong and I need to rectify it. My diet is mainly vegetarian with meat maybe once a week I think I will change that and introduce a little more meat into my diet going out for a walk after my main meal, then test myself a week into the change.

Mate it's surprising, sugar in almost everything just eat real food if it comes in bags, packaging it's normally been fcuked about with.

Mate it's surprising, sugar in almost everything just eat real food if it comes in bags, packaging it's normally been fcuked about with.

At this rate I will be sat on a cast iron bucket in my shed shitting noodles and eating only Turnips, but at least the football season starts soon so it can't be too bad :)

At this rate I will be sat on a cast iron bucket in my shed shitting noodles and eating only Turnips, but at least the football season starts soon so it can't be too bad :)

Lol mate you'll be fine some great input on here for you to take and yes bring on the footy!

Cool saw mine last week asked him for Ldl particle test not happening on Nhs lol.
yeah for now although I am interested as the low carb thing appears to be taking off if this will be become available. But I suppose there isn't any motivation from the pharmaceutical industry at the moment!

yeah for now although I am interested as the low carb thing appears to be taking off if this will be become available. But I suppose there isn't any motivation from the pharmaceutical industry at the moment!

Nail on head mate, too much £££ big Pharma only interested in money. Keep you sick but keep you alive just treat symptoms not root causes. Most of the Western world getting to pre diabetes levels, hyperinsulinemia is a driver for heart disease. For me the whole food pyramid is wrong but big food companies pay lots of money to the big wigs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.