Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Madrid's strong back up scorer. Or Bayern's, or Barca's. Juve has one in Manzukic, but they might be the only team who does.

I want Sanchez too. But its foolhardy to not see the potential problem.

Personally, I think Yaya and not Dihno is the starting DM. So Sane and Sterling are already on the bench. So is Gundogan. 3 legit starters on the bench. With Otamendi, Dihno, Danilo and Bravo who I consider good backups. Sanchez will be tough to fit in when everyone is healthy.

But the rational is simple. Injury and suspensions will constantly keep 2 to 3 players off the squad. And that is where Nasri and Sanchez come in.
I think if everyone is healthy and in top form Pep will simply rotate. There will no such thing as a first 11, rotation will be the only constant thing. I also think that it will be a rare occurrence that everyone is healthy and in top form, and without Kun or Jesus available our center attack looks vulnerable.

Who is Madrid's strong back up scorer. Or Bayern's, or Barca's. Juve has one in Manzukic, but they might be the only team who does.

Personally, I think Yaya and not Dihno is the starting DM. So Sane and Sterling are already on the bench. So is Gundogan. 3 legit starters on the bench. With Otamendi, Dihno, Danilo and Bravo who I consider good backups. Sanchez will be tough to fit in when everyone is healthy.

But the rational is simple. Injury and suspensions will constantly keep 2 to 3 players off the squad. And that is where Nasri and Sanchez come in.
I agree with all of that apart from the highlighted part. I have been banging on about this for a few days. Even the behemoth's you rightly mention do not have world class backup if Ronaldo, Messi or Lewandowski get injured so it is crazy to think we should.

Of course we'd all love a team where you have Pele and Cruyff up front with Diego to come of the bench but that is not how these guys ego's work.

I posted a team with Dinho in it but as things stand Yaya would probably a better fit there.

In front of him Bernardo, DS and KdB

In front of them Kun and GJ

So as you rightly say Sterling and Leroy already on the bench and as far as Leroy is concerned that is just wrong.

Buy Sanchez and the problems just mount. If people think that Raheem will never have enough goals in him then maybe we should just sell him now or swap him for Sanchez.

The difference is Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Cavani, Alexis and so on are not injury prone. Our main goalscorer is...

It'll be horses for courses dependant on who we're playing, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 3-5-2, example being Sanchez would be ideal in a 3 up top playing on the inside but if we see a weakness in full backs and play on width then Sane would get the call. imho

Exactly. It makes me laugh that the buying club gets all the stick for "inflating the market" and the selling club completely escapes criticism. Both are culpable IMO. Or you could say none are - if 2 clubs are prepared to do business on a player, then why should anyone else outside of those clubs complain about the fee?
Buying clubs get all the stick and deservedly so. Coz often like PSG just did, they put up an amount that can't be refused... I.e the buyout clause (something meant to be so ridiculous that no one should pay it). In the absence of that, they pay over the odds so much so to make it silly for the selling club not to agree.

Once that happens, other selling clubs aren't going to sell for peanuts when those teams who are willing to throw excessive money around show up.

Monaco selling us Mendy for 49 million is one of the best examples of that. I can bet my mortgage that price changed after we paid 45 for Walker. Coz no way on earth does anyone at Monaco think Mendy is worth more than Bernado. Nor Lemar.

But at the time we scooped Bernado for a fair price, the big money boys (us included) hadn't started throwing silly money around yet.

The moment "we" started doing this ( and by "we" I mean the four big spending market setters in PSG, Real, United and City and their Minor cousins, Chelsea, AC Milan and most of the Prem teams in general) Monaco quickly readjusted their pricing to match our thirst. Lemar is now an 80m player and and Mendy a 50 mil player.

So yes, the problem is with those who buy at exorbitant prices. As sellers readjust their lenses to their spending. No way PSG get Berchiche for 11m if they had paid 196 for Neymar first. No way.

I think if everyone is healthy and in top form Pep will simply rotate. There will no such thing as a first 11, rotation will be the only constant thing. I also think that it will be a rare occurrence that everyone is healthy and in top form, and without Kun or Jesus available our center attack looks vulnerable.
I actually think in a 3 5 2 with Sane and Sterling as the 2 strikers will easily rival Kun and Jesus up top. Sane and Sterling have th kind of speed and agility that brings an edge Kun and Jesus don't have. While the latter 2 are more skilled and better scorers the former will probably thrive better with so many through ball passers.

So I'm not too worried. I understand rotation, but a starting 11, or should I call it a more constant 11 always emerges.

I agree with all of that apart from the highlighted part. I have been banging on about this for a few days. Even the behemoth's you rightly mention do not have world class backup if Ronaldo, Messi or Lewandowski get injured so it is crazy to think we should.

Of course we'd all love a team where you have Pele and Cruyff up front with Diego to come of the bench but that is not how these guys ego's work.

I posted a team with Dinho in it but as things stand Yaya would probably a better fit there.

In front of him Bernardo, DS and KdB

In front of them Kun and GJ

So as you rightly say Sterling and Leroy already on the bench and as far as Leroy is concerned that is just wrong.

Buy Sanchez and the problems just mount. If people think that Raheem will never have enough goals in him then maybe we should just sell him now or swap him for Sanchez.
I think the reality is that we are ( even last season with an agingvfullback corp) only weak when we had injuries and suspensions. We weren't weak when we had everyone healthy.
But we almost never have everyone healthy and unsuspended. Currently Mendy and Gundo are not ready, by the time they are, we'll have 2 others who aren't.

So we can comfortably carry Nasri and Sanchez and you'd never notice it all season because someone is always out.

Buying clubs get all the stick and deservedly so. Coz often like PSG just did, they put up an amount that can't be refused... I.e the buyout clause (something meant to be so ridiculous that no one should pay it). In the absence of that, they pay over the odds so much so to make it silly for the selling club not to agree.

Once that happens, other selling clubs aren't going to sell for peanuts when those teams who are willing to throw excessive money around show up.

Monaco selling us Mendy for 49 million is one of the best examples of that. I can bet my mortgage that price changed after we paid 45 for Walker. Coz no way on earth does anyone at Monaco think Mendy is worth more than Bernado. Nor Lemar.

But at the time we scooped Bernado for a fair price, the big money boys (us included) hadn't started throwing silly money around yet.

The moment "we" started doing this ( and by "we" I mean the four big spending market setters in PSG, Real, United and City and their Minor cousins, Chelsea, AC Milan and most of the Prem teams in general) Monaco quickly readjusted their pricing to match our thirst. Lemar is now an 80m player and and Mendy a 50 mil player.

So yes, the problem is with those who buy at exorbitant prices. As sellers readjust their lenses to their spending. No way PSG get Berchiche for 11m if they had paid 196 for Neymar first. No way.

How do you explain Chelsea getting Bakayoko for £40m then? Baring in mind the deal for B.Silva was £43m+ £17m add ons it wasn't that Monaco changed their prices accordingly. Its that as they lost more players they rose the price. Also buying Walker for £50m didn't help, obviously Monaco will see that and ask for a similar amount. I also think an offer of £50-60m would get Lemar.

Fabinho is a different story though, I think he'd cost a hell of a lot more.

At the moment who sits out when everyone's fit.
Sterling Jesus and Bernardo Silva?
That's a lot of talent on the bench.

If we were in CL, hed have signed a contract extension, Ive no doubt about that.

You were in the champions league when he should have been signing on an extended contract. Strewth you Arsenal lads really are in denial.

It's tantamount to a woman in a violent relationship who can't seem to leave him. He's abusing you but you still go back to him because things will get better because he loves you and will change. He doesn't and he won't, leave the f*cker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.