Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the exact same argument. We don't know what is going through their minds, apart from Qatar needed a 'good news' story. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that in pursuing that, they've cut a corner or two w/r/t the proper procedures. Someone else mooted that at this point, with maybe the number three commercially significant player in the world involved, the cost to Uefa in excluding him from the competition means their resolve re FFP would be tested. And you're discounting that people do silly things some times, or rational things for reasons that outwardly appear utterly irrational.

I'm discounting that such an organisation would do that at this point yes.

Or that they need to. They have more or less the same finances we do.

When people say PSG are cheating, they are basically saying we would have to.

I've woken with a nasty hangover and am confused. Does all this financial, amortisation stuff I've just read mean we are getting mBAP or not!

Yeah, that's 15/16. New deal for Prem last year, conservative estimate is 20% increase.

The break down is the interesting bit. PSG's commercial income is 58% of their income, vs 46% for City. PSG are saying they have the same commercial incomes as Real and Barca. On that basis alone, I really can't take it for granted that they are being circumspect w/r/t FFP. And remember the World Cup is coming. Maybe they feel that, and Neymar, gives them leverage.

All I'm saying guys is, uhh...."Prima facie", there are questions to be answered. And anyone who is aware of Neymar's last transfer, but still thinks there's no way any big club could do a dodgy deall, or that this deal won't be of especial interest to all the authorities, is on another planet to me (lucky you).

Still the exact same argument. We don't know what is going through their minds, apart from Qatar needed a 'good news' story. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that in pursuing that, they've cut a corner or two w/r/t the proper procedures. Someone else mooted that at this point, with maybe the number three commercially significant player in the world involved, the cost to Uefa in excluding him from the competition means their resolve re FFP would be tested. And you're discounting that people do silly things some times, or rational things for reasons that outwardly appear utterly irrational. And lie about it.
Qatar are being isolated internationally and I think this is a sporting response. It's sad because they are the most liberal of all the Arab states.

I thought it was quite amusing to see Neymar go to PSG but it annoys me a little to see City lumped in with the PSG business model. PSG are very reliant on Qatar, whereas I think if anything City's sponsorship with Etihad Airlines is undervalued rather than overvalued.

If I were a Premiership club, I'd be putting a few bids in for their players eg Loucas Moura or matuidi. They will surely sell some players to cover the expense of neymar. No one knows how PSG plan to finance this. if they sell a big named player, then the hoo-hah dies straight away.

Last edited:
Your post has just proven you haven't the faintest clue what you are talking about. It makes all the difference that it's amortised for FFP purposes. I'm shocked a City fan seems clueless as to this.

Whether they have cash on reserve or not is simply immaterial. The cost (222m) is amortised over the life of the contract. It's 44.4m euros per year. That is the amount they have to be sure they can afford for FFP. UEFA aren't remotely interested whether they had the 222m in cash or whether they take on debt or an equity investment from the owner for the 222m. They have to show they can afford the 44.4m (plus wages) every year of the contract.

The fee does not show in this years accoubts, for FFP purposes as 222m spent.

I don't think they've done anything heroic. They have done exactly the same as City, which is to spend what they can afford.

You spot on also isn't Uefa monitoring period every 3 years if you make a profit for the last 2 years or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.