Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP should never have existed in the first place, it was done solely to protect the big boys against new competition so fuck them all and well done to PSG for doing whatever they want (if they've broken the rules).

If anything I wish we had been the one to fight against FFP but it's not the club owners way and after what they've done to our club we can't be anything but utterly grateful.

This. Why anyone thinks it was implemented to protect clubs from going bust I'll never know. Actually, we all know, it's just that fans from other clubs ie Arse & Trafford choose not to believe it and go along with how it's been dressed up knowing full well it was put in place to protect their clubs cash flow. In a way, I'm glad we went along with it as it turned out a bigger 'FU' knowing we beat their system by fair means. Still hope PSG are taking them on mind just to see what happens. If anything they may be too chicken shit to do anything to them and stretch the rules even more which will benefit us in the long run.

Anyway, off topic, soz

Sure, but there are questions. The question is the same to both clubs. UEFA will ask 'show us how your accounts work over the next three years' .

Actually, they'll ask how their accounts work over the last three years, including this one.

The rules don't say anything about future losses (other than if you fail the acceptable deviation test, they look more favourably on it if you have a plan to return to profitability going forward.)

EDIT: Sorry Ric, missed your post.

Last edited:
You're still not getting it.

UEFA don't care if it was paid in one lump or in ten. The fee is amortised over the length of the contract for FFP purposes.

Whether they had 222m in cash or not just not matter 1 tiny little percent to UEFA. It isn't taken into account. It's not part of the calculation.

No, you aren't getting it.

If 222 million magically appeared into their account, UEFA will care.

You keep going on about stuff that happens AFTER the fact.

There's a little thing in business called opening balance. If that has shot up with a mystery amount, of course they'll care. It's only what happens after the opening balance that UEFA look into. If the money is there, fair enough. But you are talking about a colossal amount to have sat there in the accounts.

If they took a loan out, they haven't disclosed this yet, which you'd assume they'd have publicized to lessen the public backlash. So the fact they have not means they either had the cash or don't want people to know where it came from.

Stop focusing on the structure of the FFP fallout man, it's as simple as did they have 222 million to let that cheque clear or didn't they.

Big battle Real / PSG for Mbappé. Both clubs multiply contacts with the player's entourage. Everyone hopes to convince Kylian quickly.

Was just about to mention this. I find it a little strange, unless we've done something mad and have already more or less closed a deal? As you know we don't really leak our deals to the press.
If we have more or less closed the deal, Real and PSG would know just like Juve and Liverpool knew when they tried to sign Mendy. We have an outside chance of signing him, but I'm not particularly optimistic. I think the Nike rumours make sense. It would be massive for Mbappe to be the poster boy of 2018 World Cup alongside Neymar, Cavani and Veratti besides the other obvious positives. Don't even need to say Madrid's name here because they are the obvious front-runner. I think if we don't get Mbappe and he picks Madrid, we would possibly try to deal with Perez to get Bale who they'll have to offload to accommodate Mbappe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.